Can You Run With All The Colors of Holi?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Towson chapter.

This Saturday, April 12, the South Asian Student Association and University Residence Government held a Holi Festival. Holi is the Indian festival of colors that celebrates the beginning of spring.  The festival consisted of a color run around campus, free food, live entertainment, and a huge color fight.  To pre-register for the event it was $3 and to register on the day of it was $5. All proceeds went to the Pink Saree Foundation, which supports victims of domestic violence in India.

I went to the Holi Festival on Newell field and had a great time. After the run, students were given cups of brightly colored powder to toss in the air or at each other. Within minutes everyone was covered in the powder and refilling their cups with a different color to throw again. People would walk around the field saying “Who wants blue/purple/orange?” and toss it at the people who didn’t have any on them. 

It was fun walking through campus and seeing people stare at those who went to the festival (I got a lot of stares when I went to Einstein’s afterwards). 

I highly recommend going to this event because it was so much fun. 

Junior at Towson University. Political Science major, Mass Communication minor. Raised Right. Lover of all things figure skating, the Baltimore Ravens, coffee and mixed drinks. Twitter: @Melliiisssaaaa Instagram: @Melliiissssaaaaa