Campus Celebrity: David Abraham, Host of The Lunch Table

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Towson chapter.

The lunch table is a place for open conversation. A place when you can gather with friends and say whatever you want with no filter. David Abraham conceptualized The Lunch Table. The Lunch Table is a blog show on Youtube that carries a platform for guests to speak honestly with the Host, David Abraham, about a variety of topics. The Youtube channel has matriculated 4000 views since the first upload 6 months ago. It continues to grow and develop a presence on campus with events such as Rap Battles and Cyphers held at Freedom Square.

“I want it to be big on campus by the end of this fall semester. Even if they do like or don’t like it, they are going to know what it is,” he said. “I like to talk a lot and voice my opinion. When people aren’t heard enough it resorts to other things. That’s why people love social media.”

Abraham’s favorite place to eat on campus is Susq and it features Towson greeks, rappers and athletes. They have also been featured in various editions of The Lunch Table. “I’ve heard the wildest things ever at the lunch table,” he said.

Abraham is a senior, communications studies major at Towson University. He is also a familiar face around campus. You’ve most likely seen his face in the UStore catalog or at the shuttle stop because he also models for the marketing department of the University Store.  

He enjoys chilling in the union at Ptux and the tree-lined area near the UStore. Being outside whilst writing poetry and ideas gives him the time to perfect his vision.

“Nobody wants to help push a train, but when the train is moving and they see it, they say “Oh that’s a nice train,” They are going try to get on that train,” Abraham said. “At the end of the day I have faith, I have peace of mind and vision. You can never be an unhappy person with vision and something that drives you.” Abraham is a poised, spiritual and charismatic individual. He can be compared to a praying mantis, not only because he is a thinking, meditative, and selfless person, but someone who is also able to fight when necessary.

Being a role model in the community is something Abraham values dearly. He has role models such as Terrance J and Big Tigger. They paved the way to establishing their own success. He also has a passion for basketball and his favorite movie is Coach Carter. David dedicates time at the Towson Recreation Center to coach youth basketball. “I love giving back and helping kids find posture and ways to expand their energy.” 

Prior to attending Towson University, Abraham played basketball at Community college. His team won 2 consecutive intramural championships. He has shown support for the AKA’s by competing in and wining their basketball tournament, and was also the winner of the Mr. 1908 scholarship pageant.  His ambitions and skill set cannot be boxed into one single category. He also supports the student-run business GEWP and Royal Three Apparel by modeling their clothing.  

G.E.W.P. stands for Grind Every Way, and it is a motivational power group involved with music, production, videos and Clothing. Royal Three Apparel has a distinct look and the designed have been featured in several MOD (Modelz of Distinction) fashion shows. Abraham is pictured modeling the Aaliyah Rose Shirt.

“I’m not a selfish person at all, I feel like if someone is trying to do something, why not help them? If you see someone pushing their passion, promote it!”

Abraham also known on social media as DavyJtheVirgo has been working to bring attention to The Lunch Table. His vision for the show starts on campus. He wants the show to be prominent and have longevity after he graduates because there is a need for a show on campus.  “I think that the main point of school is to learn, get the education that is behind your passion and the friends that are with it.”

Moving forward this semester, deeper topics such as race, gender, and sexuality will be covered on The Lunch Table. Meetings will be on Monday at 6 p.m. Abraham believes there is always a need for people to do marketing, promotion, ideas, camera, stage direction, networking, event coordinators, and booking. Having a vision, hope and faith will take you far in pursuing your dreams.

“You never know where life is going to take you, you can only adapt.”

Connect with David:

IG: @davyjthevirgo

Twitter: @DavyJTheVirgo

Youtube: www.youtube.com

My name is Josephine Hill I consider myself to be an artist in every facet of my existence! Makeup Artist (MUA) - Model - Painter - Writer - Fashionista I'm from the D (M) V I currently attend Towson University I am a Mass Communications Major Contact: jhill24@students.towson.edu Follow me on Twitter: @LadyJo_LovesU Be friends with me on Facebook: Josephine Hill