Campus Celebrity: Brittany W.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Towson chapter.

What do you do?: “I am a student who works at the Advising Center here at Towson University.”

When did you start doing it?: “Since May 2014.” 

What sparked your interest in this activity?: “I like that I get to work in a nice and helpful environment that also allows me time to focus on my school work. I also like that I can help people by answering their questions regarding advising.”

How can someone else get involved with this?: “Applications are available. They may still be in the pocess of hiring student academic advisors. Most jobs are available towards the end of spring semester.”

What tips do you have for people who want to do what you do?: “Always log on to Hire@TU and keep a look out for job positions that are available. It is also good to be professional at all times.”

How has this created connections for you personally and academically?: “Many advisors have written me letters of reccomendation and they always speak highly of my work ethic. I believe that these reccomendations can carry me into the next stages of my career.”

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?: “Finishing graduate school and enrolled in a PhD program for clinical psychology. I would like to be working in a field that is in the realm of clinical psychology.”

What do you want people to take away from this interview?: “If you stay focused, determined, and kind to others many opportunities can arise for you.” 

19. Likes to watch and listen to interviews. Loves comedy and cartoons. Always thinking about music or movies.
Her Campus

Towson '25