Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Towson Blog

5 Kpop Hair Chameleons

By Kelsey Swann
September 16, 2014 - 8:00am

In my last article I talked about the main reasons why people become Hooked on Kpop. In this article, I want to highlight Kpop idols that have the ability to be “hair chameleons”. In other words, there are multiple singers that are able to dye and style their hair in outrageous ways but always look good! I would love to be able to dye my hair crazy colors and have it look okay but sadly, there is not much that this ginger can do. Now, I know that having crazy or wild hair is not a characteristic specific to only Kpop, but I feel that it is something that is more widely accepted within Kpop. You will see that both male and female idols do crazy things with their hair! Here are 5 idols that I consider to be true...

Hooked on Kpop

By Kelsey Swann
September 11, 2014 - 8:00am

So, let's talk about Korean pop music! READ MORE

Republican on Campus

By Melissa A Brown
September 3, 2014 - 8:00am

You’ve probably heard this at least once in your life: College turns people into Democrats. Coming from a Republican family, I heard this about once a week until move-in day two years ago.  I knew that I would be going from a small, mostly Conservative high school to being apart of the political minority at TU right in the middle of a Presidential election.  You may feel pressured to hide your views -- or even change them -- in order to fit in. Two years later, I’m still a proud Republican at Towson, and if you’re apart of the Right side (pun fully intended), and you can be proud, too. Here’s how: READ MORE

How to survive Res Tower

By Melissa A Brown
August 11, 2014 - 8:00am

So... you’ve waited all summer to find out where you’re going to be living in the fall. You’ve already begun packing and are counting down the days until Move-In Day.  Then the email from Housing and Residence Life arrives and you see these two words: Residence Tower You begin to panic because you’ve heard rumors that it’s a dumpy building. Residence Tower is one of the oldest buildings on campus that hasn’t been renovated yet, and has been called "The Projects" of Towson.  You’ve heard that it has lofted beds and dread the thought of having to literally climb in and out of bed every day. READ MORE

Twerking vs. Cooking: Which One Keeps Your Guy?

By Maxine Rishton
May 21, 2014 - 8:00am

READ MORE

15 Things To Do To Keep Busy This Summer

By Diamond Mfomen
May 21, 2014 - 8:00am

So summer is around the corner and you still haven't found an internship, let alone a job. What do you do? Do you sit around the house and sulk? No! You get out there and find something to do! If you're having trouble thinking of things; I've got your back! Here goes 15 things to get you started: 1. Pool Party Everyone is always having a party. Why not find something different? Think about it. How many parties with pools have you attended? 2. Amusement Parks READ MORE

Towson University vs. Studying Abroad -- How different could it be?

By Randi Williams
May 20, 2014 - 8:00am

Towson University vs. Studying Abroad How different could it be?             First things first: The biggest difference between studying abroad and studying at Towson is that you are 8,000 miles away from your version of reality. READ MORE

The Best Graduation Gift Ideas

By Towson Contributor
May 19, 2014 - 9:00am

Graduation season is a crazy time – whether or not you’re even graduating! Maybe you’re hopping from one Senior Week activity to the next, switching your job search into high gear, or just gearing up to say goodbye to older friends. No matter your situation, it’s time to celebrate! Thankfully, we’ve curated two #GiftsForGrads Collections on eBay to help you find the best graduation gifts.  Here are some of our favorite picks: READ MORE

Home for Summer with Parents

By Leekeisha Ervin
May 19, 2014 - 8:00am

With summer break right around the corner, it’s time to accept that it’s time to go home. Sadly this means it is time to pack up everything that you have adorned your room with and go back to the parents. However, there are some things that will be deeply missed once you are back under the same roof as your parents. FREEDOM. READ MORE

F.I.N.A.L.S

By Lissy Klatchko
May 16, 2014 - 7:30pm

The most bittersweet part of the year has arrived. Summer is around the corner; it’s so close it’s practically at our fingertips. The scent of sunscreen and coconut tanning oil in the air. The birds chirping. Warm weather. Hitting the pool, late summer nights with friends, barbeques, sunshine and saltwater. Let’s not forget you’ll have cash in your hand from your summer job. It’s all within reach. But there is one thing in the way of that sweet, summer bliss. The most dreaded word of the school year. Finals. The bitter to the sweet. READ MORE