Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Towson Blog

The Dare that Went Extremely Right

By Dominique Spitzer
October 27, 2014 - 8:00am

A little while ago I was faced with a dare from the lovely ladies of Her Campus Towson.  We decided that it would be fun to give everyone that writes for us at Towson a dare and then when you did it, you have to right an article about it.  I got my dare, read it aloud to the girls and thought to myself, Oh this shouldn’t be too hard. I could hear the time ticking by as I carried my piece of paper with the dare written on it home with me. I kept reading it, “Get a hot guys #.”  What I hadn’t realized up until this point was: 1. I’m extremely picky 2. Finding a hot guy is a lot harder than you would think. READ MORE

Dealing with Stress

By Diamond Mfomen
October 24, 2014 - 8:00am

Midterms are here and obviously you're stressed. If you don't find ways to deal with your stress, it could become harmful to your health and well-being. So here are a few ways to limit and manage your stress. READ MORE

10 Things 20-Somethings Needed to Start Doing Yesterday

By Jai-Leen James
October 23, 2014 - 8:00am

1. Put your phone down and live in the moment. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been in a social setting and everyone is just standing around, glued to their phones. We’re a generation obsessed with documenting our every move on social media. There’s a lyric from the song Cameras I particularly like. “No time for cameras, we’ll use our eyes instead.” You’re unknowingly missing out on so much while you’re checking your Twitter timeline for the umpteenth time. Give your phone a break. 2. Take the time to travel. READ MORE

Discover New Music

By Marykate Keefe
October 20, 2014 - 8:00am

I don't know about you, but I am always on the search for new music to listen to. Going to class is always more exciting when I am listening to music on the way. Here are some songs you NEED to check out: Begging for Thread/ Goddess by Banks:  (Begging for Thread) READ MORE

October 2014 Horoscopes

By Kelsey Swann
October 17, 2014 - 8:00am

Libra: September 23 – October 22 Money: The power lies in your hands this month. It is up to you whether you will be successful with your money or whether it will be a difficult month. There will be guidance given to you in different forms, but once again it is up to you on whether you follow your guide or stray from the path. READ MORE

Sexile 101

By Melissa A Brown
October 14, 2014 - 8:00am

Sexile is when you’re exiled from your room because your roommate(s) is in there with their significant other.  If you share a room with someone, you’ve probably sexiled your roommate(s) or have been sexiled yourself.  Here are the do’s and don’t's of Sexiling:   DO: Warn your roommates. If you need the room for a few hours, please, LET YOUR ROOMMATE(S) KNOW. You’ll be saving yourself from an awkward interruption and an awkward rest of the semester/year.    DON’T: Sexile your roommate(s) around midterms, finals, or when they have a huge paper or project due. Would you want them doing the same thing to you when you have something due? Thought so.    READ MORE

What Time Is It? Study Time!

By Diamond Mfomen
October 10, 2014 - 8:00am

Midterms are wreaking havoc everywhere...unless you are prepared. Here are a few tips to help get you gear up and prepare for battle: Tip 1: Explain the information in your own words. Tip 2: Study the material in small groups and categories rather than all at once. Tip 3: Try using mnemonics -- any learning technique that aids information retention. Tip 4: Relate concepts to one another. Tip 5: Connect your personal experiences to the topics. Tip 6: Test yourself. Tip 7: Stay focused and take breaks when needed. READ MORE

Back to School Survival Kit

By Cydney Humphrey
October 9, 2014 - 8:00am

Her Campus Towson was beyond thrilled to receive our Back to School Survival Kit this week from Her Campus! Thanks to Chipotle, Luna, Affinitas, Tanda Zap, Nasty Gal, Aeropostale, European Wax Center, Clue, Garnier, Sweetgreen, and SoulCycle, we are able to reward our amazing team with tons of goodies and have enough to share with our fellow collegiates! We are so appreciative and cannot wait to get everyone hip to the brands that have been so generous to us! Towson Ladies, stay tuned! We have some fantastic giveaways coming your way thanks to our wonderful donors! HCXO! READ MORE

iPhone 6 Series: Should You Buy One?

By Kelsey Swann
October 8, 2014 - 7:59am

READ MORE

How to: Maintain Your LDR

By Anya Johnson
October 7, 2014 - 12:15pm

How to: Maintain Your LDR (long distance relationship) Long distance relationships are notorious for not working out. Many students are moving away from their partner to attend college and/or they have always been in a long distance relationship. It is true that LDRs are difficult; however, it is possible to make them work! Do not let others discourage you or put your relationship down simply because it is unconventional. Remember, love never gives up & distance makes the heart grow fonder. READ MORE