Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Towson Blog

Discover New Music

By Marykate Keefe
October 20, 2014 - 8:00am

I don't know about you, but I am always on the search for new music to listen to. Going to class is always more exciting when I am listening to music on the way. Here are some songs you NEED to check out: Begging for Thread/ Goddess by Banks:  (Begging for Thread) READ MORE

October 2014 Horoscopes

By Kelsey Swann
October 17, 2014 - 8:00am

Libra: September 23 – October 22 Money: The power lies in your hands this month. It is up to you whether you will be successful with your money or whether it will be a difficult month. There will be guidance given to you in different forms, but once again it is up to you on whether you follow your guide or stray from the path. READ MORE

Sexile 101

By Melissa A Brown
October 14, 2014 - 8:00am

Sexile is when you’re exiled from your room because your roommate(s) is in there with their significant other.  If you share a room with someone, you’ve probably sexiled your roommate(s) or have been sexiled yourself.  Here are the do’s and don’t's of Sexiling:   DO: Warn your roommates. If you need the room for a few hours, please, LET YOUR ROOMMATE(S) KNOW. You’ll be saving yourself from an awkward interruption and an awkward rest of the semester/year.    DON’T: Sexile your roommate(s) around midterms, finals, or when they have a huge paper or project due. Would you want them doing the same thing to you when you have something due? Thought so.    READ MORE

What Time Is It? Study Time!

By Diamond Mfomen
October 10, 2014 - 8:00am

Midterms are wreaking havoc everywhere...unless you are prepared. Here are a few tips to help get you gear up and prepare for battle: Tip 1: Explain the information in your own words. Tip 2: Study the material in small groups and categories rather than all at once. Tip 3: Try using mnemonics -- any learning technique that aids information retention. Tip 4: Relate concepts to one another. Tip 5: Connect your personal experiences to the topics. Tip 6: Test yourself. Tip 7: Stay focused and take breaks when needed. READ MORE

Back to School Survival Kit

By Cydney Humphrey
October 9, 2014 - 8:00am

Her Campus Towson was beyond thrilled to receive our Back to School Survival Kit this week from Her Campus! Thanks to Chipotle, Luna, Affinitas, Tanda Zap, Nasty Gal, Aeropostale, European Wax Center, Clue, Garnier, Sweetgreen, and SoulCycle, we are able to reward our amazing team with tons of goodies and have enough to share with our fellow collegiates! We are so appreciative and cannot wait to get everyone hip to the brands that have been so generous to us! Towson Ladies, stay tuned! We have some fantastic giveaways coming your way thanks to our wonderful donors! HCXO! READ MORE

iPhone 6 Series: Should You Buy One?

By Kelsey Swann
October 8, 2014 - 7:59am

READ MORE

How to: Maintain Your LDR

By Anya Johnson
October 7, 2014 - 12:15pm

How to: Maintain Your LDR (long distance relationship) Long distance relationships are notorious for not working out. Many students are moving away from their partner to attend college and/or they have always been in a long distance relationship. It is true that LDRs are difficult; however, it is possible to make them work! Do not let others discourage you or put your relationship down simply because it is unconventional. Remember, love never gives up & distance makes the heart grow fonder. READ MORE

Transferring Tips: How to Adjust to Your First Semester at Towson

By Marykate Keefe
October 2, 2014 - 8:00am

Being a transfer can leave you feeling alone, depressed and angry. I find comfort in knowing that there are many other transfers at Towson besides myself, going through the same things. When I made the tough decision to transfer to Towson University, I thought it was for the best. Upon arrival to Towson and a few weeks into school, I felt unsure and depressed. I missed my friends from my old school, which made me feel alone. I would cry myself to sleep sometimes because I felt miserable, but then I came to a realization that I needed to make the best of my situation. Yes, transferring has proved to be more difficult than I imagined, but I created guidelines and set goals for myself so that I will start to enjoy Towson a little more every day....

Leaking Nude Photos is a Crime

By Jai-Leen James
October 1, 2014 - 8:00am

Another day, another scandal. That’s what the saying is in Hollywood, right? In the past month, more and more celebrity nude photos have been leaked online. Even to this day, more images of different celebrities appear. Celebrities such as Jennifer Lawrence, Kate Upton, Rihanna, Kim Kardashian, Gabrielle Union and many other women have had their privacy invaded during this incident. It is an act of sexualized violence that these photos were nonconsensually released in attempt to degrade and humilate these women. Clearly, these photos were not meant to be see by anyone other than the intended receiver. In response, many celebrities (both directly involved or not at all) have voiced their disdain for the breach in their private photo collection on iCloud...

Delicious Korean Food

By Kelsey Swann
September 30, 2014 - 8:00am

What’s something that basically everyone loves? Food!   I personally have always liked different types of food. I love Italian food, Chinese food, Mexican food, French food (I love escargot), and more. Many people are familiar with these types of foods. However, one that people may not be so familiar with is Korean food. Around the time I became interested in Kpop I became interested in Korean culture and wanted to try all the foods that I would see Korean celebrities eat or promote. I was not sure where to start, but my friends found two Korean owned restaurants that serve really good Korean food. I want to tell you about some popular and delicious foods that you will definitely encounter if you go to Korea!   Bulgogi...