Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Towson Archives

Fashionista: Sarah Sharrow

By Erin A. Smith
April 24, 2014 - 8:00am

Name: Sarah Sharrow Year: Towson 2014 Favorite Place to Shop: Uptown Cheapskate How would you describe your style?: "Comfy yet cute" Where she got it: Scarf - 5below
Shorts and denim jacket - Uptown Cheapskate READ MORE

Ryan McDonald 17'

By Josephine Hill
April 23, 2014 - 8:00am

Name: Ryan McDonald Year: Freshman 2017 Major: Mass Communications Hometown: Upper Marlboro, MD Single/Taken: Single Fav place to eat on campus: Susq Fav place to chill on campus:  Tower B Fav Movies: The Wolf of Wall Street and Slumdog Millionaire Fav Shows: Entourage and Weeds Favorite Music Genre: Hip Hop, Rap and R&B READ MORE

Tigerfest is here! Are you excited?

By Erin A. Smith

Tigerfest 2.0: What's with the 2?

By Leekeisha Ervin
April 21, 2014 - 8:00am

It is finally Spring here on Towson’s beautiful campus, and that just means two things; more people outside playing around and tanning as well as the best springtime event at Towson: Tigerfest. Now Tigerfest has been one of the most talked about springtime events that Towson features since the tradition started. They've had past artists like Kid Cudi, All-American Rejects, Far East Movement, and many more. This is the big event that will attract many guests and deliver a full day of fun. However this year there have been some changes to the traditional event. READ MORE

Can You Run With All The Colors of Holi?

By Melissa A Brown
April 18, 2014 - 2:54pm

This Saturday, April 12, the South Asian Student Association and University Residence Government held a Holi Festival. Holi is the Indian festival of colors that celebrates the beginning of spring.  The festival consisted of a color run around campus, free food, live entertainment, and a huge color fight.  To pre-register for the event it was $3 and to register on the day of it was $5. All proceeds went to the Pink Saree Foundation, which supports victims of domestic violence in India. READ MORE

Chad Nazworth, Director of CAB

By Jai-Leen James
April 18, 2014 - 11:52am

Spring time in Towson is always exciting. From the unpredictable weather to all of the different themed events going on around campus, there is always something fun going on. Have you ever wondered who makes events like Tigerfest and the Homecoming Concert possible? Meet Chad Nazworth. He’s a senior double majoring in Economics and International Studies. He’s also the director of the Campus Activities Board (CAB) and this week’s Campus Celebrity. READ MORE

Hair Trend: Marley Twists

By Josephine Hill
April 17, 2014 - 8:00am

A hair style that has become very popular very soon is Marley Twists. Marley Twists use kinky hair to give voluminous twists similar to Bob Marley’s hair. Even though it’s a trend and people tend you go for the same look, you can personalize your own look. Make the look your own by getting a different length, color, or texture and then style it any way you want! Amongst the Black hair community particularly, people are transitioning from relaxed hair to the big chop natural look. In that transitional phase, girls have been rocking braids, twists, and weave before they can unleash their growing fro. But women of all races and ages every where have turned to the big twists as a hairstyle. READ MORE

Campus Cutie: Ryan Fontem 14'

By Josephine Hill
April 16, 2014 - 8:00am

Name: Ryan Fontem Year: Senior 2014 Major: Information Technology (IT Major) Hometown: Alexandria, VA Single/Taken: Single Clubs/Organizations: African Diaspora Club (ADC), Omega Psi Phi Fraternity Inc., Caribbean Student Association (CSA), and Strong Men Advocated to Success and Hardwork (SMASH) Fav place to eat on campus: West Village Commons Fav place to chill on campus:  In front of Susq READ MORE

Fangirling for Food: Miss Shirley's Cafe

By Erin A. Smith
April 16, 2014 - 8:00am

I'd like to think of myself somewhat of a foodie because I like to eat and I am very open to trying new things. One of the place I have been dying to visit is Miss Shirley's Cafe. Everyone rants and raves about how good the food is so I just had to try it. I've waited about 2 semesters to actually make this trip happen and I am so glad I did. READ MORE

8 Reasons to Love Spring at TU

By Erin A. Smith
April 15, 2014 - 12:26pm

Now that the warm weather has FINALLY decided to make it’s appearance, I’ve started to appreciate our wonderful school so much more. Spring semester means so many things for us all and here are some of what may be the greatest things about spring at TU. 1.     Cookouts. Every college student has two favorite words: free. food. And who doesn’t love good music? 2.     Enjoying a cold drink from the Starbucks in Cook. From Strawberries and Cream Frappes to Green Tea-Lemonades. Yum.   READ MORE