Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Towson Archives

Kelsey D'ascoli

By Jai-Leen James
October 25, 2014 - 5:00pm

Kelsey D’ascoli is a junior at Towson University. She is a forensic chemistry major in the Honors College, involved in many different clubs on campus. She participates in Students Helping Honduras, maintains a role as vice president of the club field hockey, and is the president of the co-ed flag football club. Kelsey’s accomplishments with the flag football team landed her a feature as this week’s campus celebrity! An avid football fan, Kelsey has been a member of the flag football since her freshman year. She joined the executive board her sophomore year and is now in charge of the whole shebang. In the past two years, the team has been back to back regional champions. They’ve also made two appearances in the national championship....

Tour of Terror to the Eastern State Penitentiary

By Cydney Humphrey
October 25, 2014 - 8:00am

Join CAB on the Tour of Terror to the Eastern State Penitentiary for a day full of fright and a night full of terror.  This is a two part tour with a private showing of the penitentiary and then ends with "Terror Behind the Walls" to guarantee you won’t sleep for a week. READ MORE

Thanksgiving Holiday

By Cydney Humphrey
October 25, 2014 - 8:00am

Thanksgiving Holiday
NO CLASSES READ MORE

Homecoming Kickoff Concert featuring HOODIE ALLEN

By Cydney Humphrey
October 25, 2014 - 8:00am

Kickoff Homecoming and Halloweek with the Campus Activities Board and Hoodie Allen! Show your school spirit and enjoy an experience you will never forget. Doors open at 7 PM. Cost $14 for TU-students, $20 for non-TU students READ MORE

Homecoming - Campus Wide Decorating

By Cydney Humphrey

Dealing with Stress

By Diamond Mfomen
October 24, 2014 - 8:00am

Midterms are here and obviously you're stressed. If you don't find ways to deal with your stress, it could become harmful to your health and well-being. So here are a few ways to limit and manage your stress. READ MORE

"Fall" In Love With Towson University

By Marykate Keefe
October 23, 2014 - 8:00am

Fall is a beautiful time of the year, and especially on Towson University's campus. Here are some pictures of my favorite fall sceneries on campus. Across from Smith Hall near Cook Library Part of Freedom Square READ MORE

10 Things 20-Somethings Needed to Start Doing Yesterday

By Jai-Leen James
October 23, 2014 - 8:00am

1. Put your phone down and live in the moment. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been in a social setting and everyone is just standing around, glued to their phones. We’re a generation obsessed with documenting our every move on social media. There’s a lyric from the song Cameras I particularly like. “No time for cameras, we’ll use our eyes instead.” You’re unknowingly missing out on so much while you’re checking your Twitter timeline for the umpteenth time. Give your phone a break. 2. Take the time to travel. READ MORE

Marcus Foster 17'

By Josephine Hill
October 22, 2014 - 8:00am

Name: Marcus Foster Year: Sophomore 17' Major: Double major in Economics and Accounting Hometown: Waldorf, MD Relationship Status: Taken Extracurricular Activities: Campus Recreation Services: Record Attendant, Intramural: Flag Football, Soccer and Baseball Fav place to eat on campus: Chick-fil-A Fav place to chill on campus:  The Union  Fav Movie: The Conjuring READ MORE

The 15 Minute Rule

By Melissa A Brown
October 21, 2014 - 8:00am

There's an ancient student proverb that goes "Hey I heard that if the professor/teacher is 15 minutes late for class then we can leave." I'd never heard of anyone doing that in real life -- I thought it was just an urban legend like the one about your roommate dying automatically giving you a 4.0 for the semester, or how some colleges are designed to make it easy for police to quell riots. Until a week ago I'd never thought that people actually went by it. I'd done it in high school -- if one of my teachers didn't show up we spent the entire class period playing Words With Friends.  READ MORE