Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Towson Archives

Can You Run With All The Colors of Holi?

By Melissa A Brown
April 18, 2014 - 2:54pm

This Saturday, April 12, the South Asian Student Association and University Residence Government held a Holi Festival. Holi is the Indian festival of colors that celebrates the beginning of spring.  The festival consisted of a color run around campus, free food, live entertainment, and a huge color fight.  To pre-register for the event it was $3 and to register on the day of it was $5. All proceeds went to the Pink Saree Foundation, which supports victims of domestic violence in India. READ MORE

Chad Nazworth, Director of CAB

By Jai-Leen James
April 18, 2014 - 11:52am

Spring time in Towson is always exciting. From the unpredictable weather to all of the different themed events going on around campus, there is always something fun going on. Have you ever wondered who makes events like Tigerfest and the Homecoming Concert possible? Meet Chad Nazworth. He’s a senior double majoring in Economics and International Studies. He’s also the director of the Campus Activities Board (CAB) and this week’s Campus Celebrity. READ MORE

Hair Trend: Marley Twists

By Josephine Hill
April 17, 2014 - 8:00am

A hair style that has become very popular very soon is Marley Twists. Marley Twists use kinky hair to give voluminous twists similar to Bob Marley’s hair. Even though it’s a trend and people tend you go for the same look, you can personalize your own look. Make the look your own by getting a different length, color, or texture and then style it any way you want! Amongst the Black hair community particularly, people are transitioning from relaxed hair to the big chop natural look. In that transitional phase, girls have been rocking braids, twists, and weave before they can unleash their growing fro. But women of all races and ages every where have turned to the big twists as a hairstyle. READ MORE

Fangirling for Food: Miss Shirley's Cafe

By Erin A. Smith
April 16, 2014 - 8:00am

I'd like to think of myself somewhat of a foodie because I like to eat and I am very open to trying new things. One of the place I have been dying to visit is Miss Shirley's Cafe. Everyone rants and raves about how good the food is so I just had to try it. I've waited about 2 semesters to actually make this trip happen and I am so glad I did. READ MORE

Campus Cutie: Ryan Fontem 14'

By Josephine Hill
April 16, 2014 - 8:00am

Name: Ryan Fontem Year: Senior 2014 Major: Information Technology (IT Major) Hometown: Alexandria, VA Single/Taken: Single Clubs/Organizations: African Diaspora Club (ADC), Omega Psi Phi Fraternity Inc., Caribbean Student Association (CSA), and Strong Men Advocated to Success and Hardwork (SMASH) Fav place to eat on campus: West Village Commons Fav place to chill on campus:  In front of Susq READ MORE

8 Reasons to Love Spring at TU

By Erin A. Smith
April 15, 2014 - 12:26pm

Now that the warm weather has FINALLY decided to make it’s appearance, I’ve started to appreciate our wonderful school so much more. Spring semester means so many things for us all and here are some of what may be the greatest things about spring at TU. 1.     Cookouts. Every college student has two favorite words: free. food. And who doesn’t love good music? 2.     Enjoying a cold drink from the Starbucks in Cook. From Strawberries and Cream Frappes to Green Tea-Lemonades. Yum.   READ MORE

MCCS Networking Fair

By Erin A. Smith
April 15, 2014 - 11:40am

The Towson Public Relations Group will host the annual MCCS Networking Fair Wednesday April 16th in the Chesapeake Rooms from 11-2. Bring your resume and dress business casual as you will be networking with MCCS professionals. A panel of professionals will speak and answer your career questions from 2-3. READ MORE

TigerFest 2.0

By Erin A. Smith
April 15, 2014 - 11:37am

TIGERFEST DAY 1 (Free event!)
Inflatables | Games | Music | Food | Prizes | Vendors
DATE: April 25th
LOCATION: Burdick Field
TIME: 5:30 PM

INFLATABLES & GAMES:
Wrecking Ball, Extreme Air, Bungee Run, Moon Bounce, Dunk Tank, Velcro Wall, Basketball Shootout.   TIGERFEST DAY 2 will be the main concert ft. Juicy J and Steve Aoki! (Tickets Sold Out) DATE: April 26th
LOCATION: SECU Arena
DOORS: 6 PM READ MORE

HCTU Bake Sale

By Erin A. Smith
April 15, 2014 - 11:31am

Come get baked goods as we raise money for Lupus research. READ MORE

In the midst of April showers, what is your favorite kind of rain?

By Erin A. Smith