Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Towson Archives

Amanda Ferrarese

By Viviana Santini
September 19, 2014 - 8:00am

Name: Amanda Ferrarese  READ MORE

Family Weekend

By Cydney Humphrey
September 19, 2014 - 8:00am

Family Weekend is the perfect oppportunity to enjoy Towson University's campus, get to know the TU community, and spend time together! For a full schedule of events or more information, visit: www.towson.edu/familyweekend READ MORE

Exhibition: Chakaia Booker | Are We There Yet?

By Cydney Humphrey
September 19, 2014 - 8:00am

ON VIEW September 10 – October 18. Sculptor and printmaker Chakaia Booker fuses ecological concerns with explorations of racial and economic differences, globalization and gender by recycling discarded tires into complex assemblages. Booker received the Pollock-Krasner Grant in 2002 and a Guggenheim Fellowship in 2005. She has exhibited nationally and internationally. GALLERY HOURS: Tuesday – Saturday, 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. Image: Eminent Domain, 2010, rubber tires and wood on steel frame, 55 x 76 x 24” READ MORE

David Ward '16

By Josephine Hill
September 18, 2014 - 8:00am

Name: David Ward Year: Junior '16 Major: Secondary Education in English with a Business Administration Minor Hometown: Annapolis, MD Relationship Status: Happily Single  Extracurricular Activities: Pasion Latin Dance Club Co-Captain, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu President/ Instructor, Retreat for Social Justice Facilitator, and the Council of Diverse Student Organization  Fav place to eat on campus: West Village Commons Fav place to chill on campus:  Rainbow Lounge in the Center for Student Diversity, Freedom Square and the Union  READ MORE

Things to Invest in When you're a Towson Girl

By Melissa A Brown
September 17, 2014 - 8:00am

1. Leggings, lots and lots of leggings. 2. Uggs. 3. A North Face jacket. 4. Comfy flats for when you’re walking the hilly campus or taking a detour back to your dorm because of construction.  5. A portable fan (if you’re living in Prettyborough). 6. A Starbucks gift card.  7. A Keurig, especially now that they’re allowed in residence halls, so you don’t have to worry about keeping it hidden during breaks (throwback for anyone who lived on campus before Fall 2014).  READ MORE

5 Kpop Hair Chameleons

By Kelsey Swann
September 16, 2014 - 8:00am

In my last article I talked about the main reasons why people become Hooked on Kpop. In this article, I want to highlight Kpop idols that have the ability to be “hair chameleons”. In other words, there are multiple singers that are able to dye and style their hair in outrageous ways but always look good! I would love to be able to dye my hair crazy colors and have it look okay but sadly, there is not much that this ginger can do. Now, I know that having crazy or wild hair is not a characteristic specific to only Kpop, but I feel that it is something that is more widely accepted within Kpop. You will see that both male and female idols do crazy things with their hair! Here are 5 idols that I consider to be true...

Ja-Niece Best

By Cydney Humphrey
September 15, 2014 - 8:00am

Name: Ja-Niece Best Year: Senior Hometown: Prince George’s County Major/Minor: Graphic Design. Her Campus Towson: What exactly happened in regards to the email that you sent your professor? READ MORE

Frank Preston '16

By Josephine Hill
September 12, 2014 - 7:45pm

Name: Frank Preston Year: Junior '16 Major: Computer Information Systems Hometown: Columbia, MD Relationship Status: Single  Extracurricular Activities: Dodgeball Club, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Pasion Latin Dance, KRONOS, Modelz of Distinction Fav place to eat on campus: Glen Dining Hall Fav place to chill on campus:  West Village Commons Fav Movie: World War Z Fav Shows: Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad READ MORE

New Video of Ray Rice Creates Uproar

By Becca Cooper
September 12, 2014 - 8:00am

Monday morning, a new, disturbing surveillance video of Baltimore Ravens Running Back, Ray Rice, was released by TMZ Sports that shocked viewers and has lead to Rice’s termination from the Ravens as well as a suspension from the National Football League. The video shows Rice and Janay Palmer, his wife (then fiancé), inside the elevator of an Atlantic City hotel where Rice knocks Palmer out cold with one punch to her face then drags her body out into the hotel lobby. An outpour of angry emotions came from viewers after watching the video. Ravens Owner, Steve Bisciotti, wrote a letter to fans Tuesday apologizing for their inaction, acknowledgeding that they failed as an organization to investigate the matter more....

Hooked on Kpop

By Kelsey Swann
September 11, 2014 - 8:00am

So, let's talk about Korean pop music! READ MORE