Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Towson Archives

Discover New Music

By Marykate Keefe
October 20, 2014 - 8:00am

I don't know about you, but I am always on the search for new music to listen to. Going to class is always more exciting when I am listening to music on the way. Here are some songs you NEED to check out: Begging for Thread/ Goddess by Banks:  (Begging for Thread) READ MORE

Tiffany Merson

By Sydney Engelhardt
October 17, 2014 - 8:00am

Tiffany Merson is this week’s Campus Celebrity! She is a sophomore with an EMF major and business minor. Tiffany is also the president of Tower C’s Building council.  She has been involved with Building Council and URG since the first semester of her freshman year. As a freshman, she was a building representative on Tower C’s building council. She loved being involved with Building Council so much that she decided to run for president this year. Tiffany found out she won Tower C president in September. She is also involved in No Frills Planning committee, which is part of URG, and works as a community assistant in Tower C. READ MORE

October 2014 Horoscopes

By Kelsey Swann
October 17, 2014 - 8:00am

Libra: September 23 – October 22 Money: The power lies in your hands this month. It is up to you whether you will be successful with your money or whether it will be a difficult month. There will be guidance given to you in different forms, but once again it is up to you on whether you follow your guide or stray from the path. READ MORE

The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde

By Cydney Humphrey
October 17, 2014 - 8:00am

Event Runs Oct 16 - 25. Gwendolen and Cecily are both madly in love with Earnest. Unfortunately, he doesn’t exist. “Earnest” is Jack’s fictional identity while pursuing wine and women. When Algernon also assumes this alias to escape his aunt - the imperious Lady Bracknell - the men must find a way out of their own trap. Oscar Wilde’s witty and lusty battle of the sexes is as timely as ever, proving that men, women, and love affairs have changed little in the past 100 years. Proceeds from the October 16 performance benefit the TU Foundation. Dates:  READ MORE

U-Theatre: Sword of Wisdom

By Cydney Humphrey
October 17, 2014 - 8:00am

Taiwan’s acclaimed U-Theatre presents its extraordinary fusion of martial arts, drumming and dance in this mixed program of selected chapters from U-Theatre’s international touring repertory. In “Sword of Wisdom," sounds of wooden and metal percussion are added to the sound of drumming. Together with Gurdijeff Movements (the sacred dance), famous for its precision in movement, U-Theatre presents a higher level of drumming as an art. Cost Tickets: $40 regular price, $30 before Oct. 1; $20 AA&CC members and youth ages 12 and under; $10 TU students with ID READ MORE

Jared Robinson '16

By Kelsey Swann
October 16, 2014 - 8:00am

Name? Jared Robinson Graduating Year? 2016 Major? Psychology Hometown? Clarksville, MD Single or Taken? Single. Clubs or Organizations? I'm an RA. Favorite place to eat on campus? Susquehanna Favorite place to chill on campus? Tower A! Favorite Movie? The Incredibles Favorite TV Show? Avatar: The Last Airbender, The Legend of Korra Favorite Music Genre? Pop Celebrity Crush? Rihanna! READ MORE

Glen Woods Snapshot

By Melissa A Brown
October 15, 2014 - 12:42pm

I took this picture from the Glen Garage while on my way back from work. I love Towson, especially in the fall becaue of how beautiful the campus is. I love how beautiful the Glen Woods are and suggest that everyone visit them at least once in your time at TU. I walked through them the other day and took some more pictures.   READ MORE

Sexile 101

By Melissa A Brown
October 14, 2014 - 8:00am

Sexile is when you’re exiled from your room because your roommate(s) is in there with their significant other.  If you share a room with someone, you’ve probably sexiled your roommate(s) or have been sexiled yourself.  Here are the do’s and don’t's of Sexiling:   DO: Warn your roommates. If you need the room for a few hours, please, LET YOUR ROOMMATE(S) KNOW. You’ll be saving yourself from an awkward interruption and an awkward rest of the semester/year.    DON’T: Sexile your roommate(s) around midterms, finals, or when they have a huge paper or project due. Would you want them doing the same thing to you when you have something due? Thought so.    READ MORE

Pumpkin on Everything

By Melissa A Brown
October 13, 2014 - 8:00am

You know its fall when you go to the grocery store and see pumpkin or pumpkin spice flavored everything. From September to early December you’ll find that pumpkin has found its way into every food and beverage imaginable.   READ MORE

Campus Celebrity: Liz Lane

By Jai-Leen James
October 11, 2014 - 8:05pm

This week’s Campus Celebrity is Elizabeth Lane! She is a biology major with a concentration on the functional study of animals. Liz is co-president of the pre-veterinarian club. She has been involved with the organization for three years. Last year, she was the vice president; now she’s stepped up to the plate and is in charge. READ MORE