Weekend Plans in ATX

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

Weekend Plans in ATX

Whether you’re bored of the West Campus lifestyle or you’re looking for something to do on a Saturday morning, we’ve got you covered with some upcoming events as well as true Austin classics.

1.          Events and Entertainment

An organization run by students that is for students. With frequent events, E&E brings in a variety of films and speakers every week. Some upcoming events include: Quote-Along Mean Girls and showings of new movies like Moana, La La Land and Lego Batman.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/utexascee/events/?ref=page_internal

2.          Kite Festival

The annual Kite festival is the beginning of spring activities. This is a free event and you don’t have to have a kite to go out. Enjoy the sky full of kites and a nice spring day. If you can’t make it out, spend a Saturday afternoon at Zilker with your friends.

https://www.abckitefestival.org/

3.          Try some new coffee shops

Austin is full of coffee shops. Stay close to campus by going to Caffe Medici, Barley Bean, or Spiderhouse. If you want to venture further into the city, try Houndstooth, or The Factory. If you’re feeling really adventurous, try Bennu, the 24-hour coffee shop.

4.          Graffiti Wall

A true Austin classic. If you’re not sure what to do one weekend, go check it out. Or, if you’ve been, check out the new art. You can even make a trip out of it. Go to Whole Foods for lunch, go pick up a new read at BookPeople, and peep the new music at Waterloo. (Stop by Amy’s for dessert too.)

5.          Go to an on-campus museum

UT has a ton of museums throughout campus. They even have cool landmarks to check out. Take a friend, a date, or yourself. Check out the Harry Ransom center or the Skyspace on top of the SAC.

6.          South Congress

Another classic. Grab coffee at Tom’s or Jo’s, stand in line at Hopdoddy’s, and take a picture at the I love you so much wall. SOCO is full of weird shops and weird people. There’s always something to do.

7.          The Domain

The Domain is a mall with everything ranging from Forever 21 to Gucci. There’s a great selection of stores and specialty shops, restaurants, and there’s even a Sprinkle’s Cupcakes.

Jordan is a first-year journalism major at The University of Texas at Austin. When she's not writing articles or covering events, she enjoys trying new coffee shops or scrapbooking.