Ten Things Nobody Tells About Sorority Rush

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.
  1. When the Rho Chis (a.k.a. Recruitment Counselors) knock on the door of the house 3 times hundreds of girls are going to scream and bang on the inside of the door.

2. When the door opens those hundreds of girls are literally going to be stacked and all you will see are jazz hands.

1. You will do your hair and makeup, look absolutely perfect as you walk out of your building and by the time you get to your first house your curls will fall out and you will be sweating more than you thought you were capable of.

2. You will get cut from at least 4, but most likely more than 4 houses after a 15 minute conversation with one girl. Be prepared.

1. Disasters do happen,but they are ALWAYS funnier and less embarrassing than you think (i.e. getting pen all over your freshly steamed khaki shorts right before going into a house, this is a true story it happened to me).

​6. Some girls WILL know what they’re doing. Okay, most girls don’t have a clue what’s going on, but don’t be surprised/intimidated when there’s that one girl who totally knows the difference between Chi Omega and Alpha Chi Omega. 

7. Just buy a mini battery powered fan from Target and don’t look back 

8. Look at the name tag of the girl you talk to in each house more than once and really try to remember her so you can actually rank houses with some kind of picture of your conversations.

9. The drinks get better everyday and by the third round they give you snacks…and yes you can eat them…and no they will not judge you because they really wish they could eat them too.

10. Sorority girls are just people and most of the ones you talk to are sophomores which means they were in your shoes less than a year ago. They want you as much as you want them and in the end there are much bigger things going on in the world than sorority rush so don’t get too caught up in it!