This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

We all dream of turning our passions into a job. UT junior, Sydney Rubin, was lucky enough to get a position that infused her love of sports, journalism and social media all in one. Sydney is the Social Media and Marketing Intern for the Longhorn Network. This gets her an all access pass to all things UT sports.

Lowdown. Sydney spent all of football season inches from the players right down on the field. She works to post live tweets and photos of the games as they are going on. These days, you can find her behind a big camera on the corner of the basketball court in the Frank Erwin center.

Where she got her start. Sydney started out as the social media editor of the Daily Texan last year. As editor, she managed a team of seven students who drafted tweets that she then edited and posted throughout the day. After this experience, Sydney felt like she was ready for the big leagues. She searched the ESPN website and applied online for her current position.

A few of her favorites. Sydney’s favorite sport to cover is football. She loves the hype that surrounds UT football and the excitement that comes along with every game. Her favorite class thus far is Sports Law. She mentioned that her teacher was the head lawyer for the Spurs so he always used real life examples. Her personal favorite social media is Snapchat, but for work she likes Twitter.

Most memorable experience. In general, she has loved being on the field or court for every game and being close to players and coaches.

Future goals. In the future Sydney hopes to be in sports broadcasting. She would love to be on the court interviewing players or hosting a sports network show. If that doesn’t work out, she would also consider law school! She would love to keep working with social media, but not have it be the main part of her job.

Advice for people wanting Syd’s job. “Start small and work your way up because you’re not going to get exactly what you want for your first job. Everything is good experience and you can always relate it back to future work,” Sydney says.