From Spain, With Love: Natalie Torre

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

With her incredibly bright smile and contagious laughter, Natalie Torre is the epitome of the best girl friend. Not only is she one of the most down to earth and fun girls you will ever meet, she’s also incredibly smart. Talk about the whole package! Her giving nature and winning personality have now taken the Kennedale native to Madrid for the semester where she’s spreading her light. She took a little time out of her international adventure to give us some quick insight into her brand new journey.

Name: Natalie M. Torre

Year: Junior

Major: Psychology

Hometown: Kennedale, TX 

HerCampus TX: What made you decide to come to UT?

Natalie Torre: I visited once and fell in love. Also I love that we are loved by Texas so much. We are basically the best school.

HCTX: What organizations are you involved in on campus?

NT: I’m in a spirit group called Texas Royals, where we do service, spirit, and a ton of fun stuff. I’m also in College Republicans and I love it because I get to hear and meet important people that share my views.

HCTX: How do you think studying abroad will influence you in the future?

NT: I’ve been here for so little and I’ve already seen how a different perspective can teach you so much, whether the subject be history or illegal immigration.

HCTX: What do you miss most about Austin or just Texas in general?

NT: My friends, Sonic, Qdoba, Whataburger, 6th Street… I could be here for hours.

HCTX: What do you plan in doing while you’re in Madrid academically and socially?

NT: I want to get to know the city and travel with people from all over the world. Although I’m taking all electives I really just want to learn things that I wouldn’t get the opportunity to learn back at home. Also drinking a lot of Tinto de verano.

HCTX: What advice would you give freshmen that you wish someone would’ve given you about college? 

NT: If you want to go do something, do it! It doesn’t matter if you won’t know anybody, or that it could be awkward.