Single Gal’s Guide to Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

Single Gal’s Valentine Guide

Whether you are newly single or you’ve been doing the single ladies dance for awhile, there is no better reminder of how single you are then Valentine’s Day. You may not care at all because who even likes Valentine’s Day anyway right? Or you may be sad about it because who doesn’t love Valentine’s day? Either way, here are some awesome reasons why being single this Valentine’s isn’t so bad after all.

1. Savin’ that cash money

Think of all the money you will be saving this year by not having to buy anyone a gift?! The average Valentine gift is about ~$146, you can buy YOURSELF so many amazing things for $146 dollars. Or you could just save that $146 bucks and be adult-y, the options are endless.

2. Girls Night

I’m sure you are not the only single gal in your friend group, so the best coping method is to make your way to Orange Mart and grab yourselves a bottle of wine and drink the sorrows of being single alone. After awhile you may even forget you’re single, or you could just get wine drunk which is equally as satisfying.

3. PIZZA

Pizza complements girls wine night better than anything. Plus you don’t have to worry about eating politely in front of your date because your friends and glass of wine don’t judge.

4. Not having to dress up

No Valentine = No date = no plans = sweatpants, hair tied, chilin with no make-up on. Nuff said.

5. Catching up on sleep

When in doubt, sleep it out. There is nothing better than a good night’s rest especially if you are looking to avoid feelin some type of way this Valentine’s.

6. Cheap Candy

All that un-bought candy at HEB is about to go on sale. What’s better than chocolate? Cheap chocolate my friend.

7. YOU!

The number one reason why being single on Valentine’s isn’t the worst thing ever because it just means the best thing ever hasn’t come along yet. You are an amazing woman with great qualities and so much ahead of you. Don’t let any holiday, or boy or anyone else tell you any different. YOU are a star, so shine.

And if none of these reasons seemed to really sell you on being single and content this Valentine’s you can always do what my roommate did; buy yourself an adorable little puppy who will always love you unconditionally, won’t cheat, be mean or stupid. Happy Valentine’s to all my single ladies out there. Solute.

Socialite, blogger, perfectionist; suffering from fomo and currently attending the University of Texas at Austin. Advertising major and member of Zeta Tau Alpha fraternity.