This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

Beauty Attracts The Eye But Personality Captures The Heart

October is a month for transitioning into comfortable weather and finally getting that perfect smoky eye down! But here at the University of Texas at Austin, we have been encouraging young women to get comfortable in their own skin. That means realizing that you are beautiful no matter what color, shape, or size you are. During this campaign, we have seen girls learn to embrace their insecurities and realize that everyone has flaws and it doesn’t mean we should think less of ourselves. Join us in this campaign to help every girl see her own Real Beauty!

Many young ladies, and even some men, have approached the Real Beauty tables looking to learn more about the Real Beauty campaign! We have shared how stepping back and realizing that you are more than just your appearance can improve life exponentially. Hundred of pictures have been shared to Instagram alone. Girls with beautiful, happy makeup-less faces have been making an impact on their social media followers. If each person can share one picture that makes their followers realize, “Hey, if she can be happy in her own skin, so can I!”, then we have made progress! That is the goal of the Real Beauty campaign!

It isn’t just college girls who are jumping on the Real Beauty bandwagon, celebrities, are even displaying their natural faces too! Demi Lovato, Sofia Vergara, Annalynne McCord, and many others are also helping girls realize that we all have flaws and that it is perfectly natural and even beautiful to show them off!

Real Beauty is not just limited to your skin either. No, it goes much further than that! Our bodies themselves are beautiful, unique, and made to be loved. Even more celebrities are trying to show girls that in an increasingly critical world, we are still beautiful and still very special!

“Sometimes people are beautiful.

Not in looks.

Not in what they say.

Just in what they are.”

“One day I had to sit down with myself and decide that I loved myself no matter what my body looked like and what other people thought about my body.”

I am a Longhorn who grew up in a very small town. I enjoy writing and travelling. I am a business major and a lover of ice cream! Hook 'Em!