Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Texas Blog

Tips for Successful Black Friday Shopping

By Erin Altieri
November 26, 2013 - 1:33am

Thanksgiving break is right around the corner I can almost feel the comfort of my bed at home calling my name. Before I know it I will be back home with my family, hanging out with my high school friends, and eating a delicious and calorie filled Thanksgiving dinner with no shame. But other than the usual activities everyone looks forward to over this short break there is one more activity I’ve been waiting all year for, Black Friday. READ MORE

7 Thanksgiving Dishes for Vegetarians

By Yembur Ahmad
November 23, 2013 - 8:39am

Thanksgiving is a day for giving thanks and spending time with family, but don’t lie to yourself: what we gluttonous Americans really look forward to is the food. If you’re vegetarian, however, Thanksgiving can be a bit of an inconvenience because it’s not very fun to watch everyone chow down on turkey while you pick at your stuffing. So to help my fellow vegetarian collegiettes, I scoured allrecipes.com to find the best vegetarian Thanksgiving recipes... now you can be gluttonous too! Bon appetit!   Tofu Turkey READ MORE

Get Confident With American Laser Skincare

By Texas Contributor
November 21, 2013 - 6:35pm

When you look in a mirror, do you like what you see? Or do you just get distracted by little flaws? READ MORE

Austin Beauty 360 Expo Recap

By Erin Altieri
November 16, 2013 - 12:42pm

You know those mornings when you wake up feeling like you just got hit by a train or it is just not your day? You know when despite this you put on a nice outfit and apply some makeup to convince yourself that if you look better you will feel better? Then by some miracle you actually start to feel better? Eve Michaels will argue this is because of “the power of beauty.” This power is exactly what the Austin Beauty 360 Expo is all about. READ MORE

Top 10 Favorite UT Football Traditions

By Felicia Fitzpatrick
November 13, 2013 - 1:12am

'Tis the season to wear burnt orange, tailgate, and scream "Texas Fight!" at the top of your lungs. While it's sad that football season is ending, there are a few more games left for us to frolick and revel. This Saturday we'll be playing OK State. They are already playing on our turf, so we thought we would up the ante a little. We reached out to OK State's Her Campus chapter and decided to have a social media competition, too. It's our favorite football traditions versus theirs, and we all know there is nothing like our Longhorn spirit. Share on facebook and twitter so we can show them what we're made of. Make sure to tag all social media posts with #HCyouinATX! Hook 'em!   10. Big Bertha ...

In The Raw's November Giveaway

By Felicia Fitzpatrick
November 12, 2013 - 1:30pm

Only three weeks (+ those three pesky days right before Thanksgiving) until winter break! Which means approximately three weeks to do tons of holiday shopping for your family and friends. All of that on top of studying for finals? That deserves a reward -- so why not treat yourself to some free swag while you're selflessly shopping for others?! READ MORE

10 Ways to Improve Communication in your Relationships

By Becca Chavoya
November 8, 2013 - 5:27pm

Ladies, let’s face it: we aren’t always the greatest at communication. When it comes to working through problems with our boyfriends, friends and roommates, we often resort to shouting matches or passive-aggressive text messages, neither of which accomplish much of anything. For more effective communication in all of your relationships, follow these ten steps as outlined by Professor Nancy Daley in her Human Sexuality course at The University of Texas. 1. Be a good listener. READ MORE

Tips for a Healthy Midnight Snack

By Felicia Fitzpatrick
November 8, 2013 - 1:48pm

You sit at your computer. Midnight has passed. You furiously type away, trying to finish your paper for tomorrow’s psych class. Then it hits you -- pang! Hunger strikes and writer’s block ensues. Of course, midnight snacking means making something sweet, but you don’t want to worry about the extra sugar and calories. Worry, no more! READ MORE

Monthly Whisper Round-Up: Halloween Edition

By Mira Milla
November 1, 2013 - 1:11pm

How fun was your Halloween? The Whisper team, here on the 40 acres, collected some of the experiences on the Whisper app! How many of these can you relate to?     READ MORE

Halloween Night In: Candy and Movie Guide

By Jasmin Carina
October 26, 2013 - 12:38pm

Halloween is here! Yes, you get to dress up AND have a valid excuse to party all weekend long (not that you really needed one… you’re a college student, remember?) With that said, Halloween is pretty much the holiday that college kids wait for all year long for these two reasons alone. And yes, we all know that the several nights of costume parties are the highlight of the occasion but… what about the day after? You want to recover but still bask in the Halloween spirit, right? Better yet, what about the day before when you’ve got to save your energy for the following days’ festivities!? READ MORE