This Outside Hitter is a Hit – Paulina Prieto Cerame

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

There’s a new athlete on campus and her name is Paulina.  This former Penn State University volleyball player made the fantastic decision to transfer to the University of Texas for her remaining three years as a Division One athlete. Volleyball fans and Longhorn sports fans in general should be excited; this girl is good.

Cerame was a nationally ranked prospect for collegiate teams when she finished up high school at Palmer Trinity School where she was captain for three years. On top of that, she was also part of the USA Youth National Team as well as the Junior Olympics 16 Open All-Tournament team. In 2013, she played in 29 matches on Penn State’s team. With a near impeccable record, her team went on to win the NCAA Championship. In that year, Cerame racked up 89 kills in total.

She continued to display her impressive sportsmanship this year as a Longhorn with two kills in the first game of the season against UTEP, 16 kills in the 26 West Longhorn Classic, three kills in the game against Seattle University, and six kills against New Mexico. While it’s a big change, Paulina comments that she is enjoying life here in Austin and has high hopes for the season and for the rest of her time here at UT. 

I am Corisa but a lot of my friends call me Cori! I feel like the real life Hannah Horvath from Girls.