Meet Psych Sophomore: Ashley Bush

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

Meet Psych Sophomore: Ashley Bush

Major: Psychology

Year: Sophomore

Hometown: Portland, TX

1. What organizations are you involved in on campus and what types of things do you do inside those orgs?

For right now I’m just a member in Zeta Tau Alpha but next semester I plan on getting involved with Women in Psychology and STUMO.

2. What do you hope to do after your years at UT? If you plan on continuing your education, where and what do you want to do after that?

After graduation I’d love to pursue either a masters degree or get my Phd in clinical psychology, I really want to work with kids or just people in general. If I get accepted to the program at UT I’d consider staying in Austin but my ultimate dream is to go to NYU! After getting my graduate degree I’d like to work in New York or California as a psychologist somewhere.

3. What are your summer plans?

My plans for this summer are to get a job, take a class, hangout with friends, possibly travel and maybe get a dog. We’ll see about the last one…

4. What is your favorite thing to do in Austin?

My favorite thing to do in Austin is try out various restaurants. I’m the biggest foodie.

5. What are you passionate about? I’m passionate about people. I always strive to always be kind to folks and make them feel important because you never know what people are dealing with.

6. If you were given 1,000,000 what would you do with it and why?

First I’d put some in the bank, give a portion to my mom and any struggling family members and then donate the rest to a charity. I’d keep some for myself because I would use it to pay back student loans if I decided to go to graduate school, some to my family because they’re my family and the rest to a charity because I feel like that would be the right thing to do.

7. What do you like to do for fun and why?

I like to bake because for me it’s therapeutic and I love trying out new recipes.

8. What is your spirit animal and why?

I’d say my spirit animal is a Koala because they sleep a lot, 22 hours a day to be exact, and I love to sleep too. Yes, I did Google that fun fact incase you were wondering.

9. What is your favorite thing about being a longhorn?

My favorite thing about being a Longhorn is the sense of pride I feel just being a Longhorn. UT is a school rooted in tradition and excellence and I couldn’t ask to be apart of a greater university. I love our motto “What starts here changes the world” because it’s so powerful and so true.

10. If you could give any incoming freshman or transfer student advice what would it be?

If I could give any piece of advice to any incoming student it would be to get involved with at least one organization! Being at such a large school I realized very quickly how hard it can be to make friends. You can make a lot of acquaintances in classes but I think that being in an organization or a club allows you to connect on a deeper level with other people and bond through similar interests besides schoolwork.

Socialite, blogger, perfectionist; suffering from fomo and currently attending the University of Texas at Austin. Advertising major and member of Zeta Tau Alpha fraternity.