Meet Chase Diamond

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

A Girls First Time in Austin:

Meet Chase Dimond

HC: What is it like going to school at the University of Arkansas?

Chase: “It is very beautiful with crazy weather just like in Texas. Fayetteville is a cute little town with great food and cute boutiques. The people are nice and I am a Zeta there so I am surrounded by Greek life. Overall, I really like going to school there.”

HC: What were your preconceptions of Austin?

Chase: “I thought Austin was very liberal. I always thought of Austin as a city where everyone is super chill, carefree, and happy. It’s always seemed like a great college town full of really cool people.”

HC: To you, what made Austin, Austin?

Chase: “Wow, well definitely the way people are themselves. No one passes judgment on each other and there is like no “norm”. I LOVE how people are so free. Everyone dresses AMAZINGLY and conscious free. The people are so independent and I love and am jealous we aren’t like that in Fayetteville.”

HC: What type of music/songs are you into?

Chase: “I LOVE listening to the playlists my friends make because they get me. I mostly have Glass Animals, Jon Bellion, The Growlers, and Tame Impala. Just walking down the street and hearing all the street and live music was the coolest thing ever. I really loved the authenticity of the street performers.”

HC: How was it like going to a concert?

Chase: “OH MY GOD it was one of the best nights ever! I saw Lewis del Mar first and he blew my mind. I could not believe his voice was even real. He sounded ever better than he did on the radio or Spotify. Also, Young the Giant was the most fun performers I had ever seen! He was jumping around and interacting with the crowd which just amazed me. I wish I could replay that concert over!!”

HC: What were some places you visited?

Chase: “So, we went to South Congress first and it was so fun. I loved going into the uncommon objects store and seeing everything. We also went to Mount Bonnell which sucked to climb up, but once we were there I was speechless. The view was mesmerizing and I could not believe it was real. My last day in Austin we went to a skate park and I was in love. All the shoes and outfits the skaters were wearing made me even more jealous and sad that I did not live in Austin. Also, the graffiti park so cool!! I loved the art and how funny it was. I really love all the street art throughout Austin.”

HC: So, how much food did you devour?

Chase: “Haha I ate too much. The food is too good and I could not stop eating. This is probably not even that big of a deal, but I really liked the food truck called Longhorn Chicken. It was all fried food so of course it was my favorite meal in Austin. Also, they gave you waffles too so it was the best meal ever.”

HC: Would you move to Austin?

Chase: “I would definitely move to Austin! I feel like I am an ‘Austin girl’ now and belong here. The whole weekend was so fun and we did so many different things and I just loved it and cherished all of it.”

HC: How much are you going to miss Austin?

Chase: “I am going to miss Austin a lot, especially all of you, my friends. I loved being here with you guys for the weekend and I am definitely going to come back. You all are so lucky to live in such a great city and I am jealous so I have to come back a lot!!”

Hi! I've lived in Texas all my life. Im an international relations major and pre-law student. I love running, swimming, cycling, working out, and just being outdoors