This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

Matthew Walker has a warm demeaner that you can’t help but gravitate towards. With that infectious of a smile, you’re always happy around him! 

Hometown: Newark, Texas

Year: Sophomore

Major: Business

Her Campus Texas: What is one thing you wish you could go back and tell your freshman self?

Matthew Walker: I would tell myself to freaking pass calculus so I can actually take some business classes. Calculus is the bane of my existence right now.

HCTX: When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up? 

MW: When I was little, I wanted to be a veterinarian. I still love animals – especially cats – but now I realize that handling them is definitely not for me.

HCTX: During truth or dare, do you usually pick truth? Or dare? 

MW: I usually pick truth. I’m too lazy to do things.

HXTX: What do you do to celebrate Thanksgiving? (If you do). 

MW: I guess I celebrate Thanksgiving like most people? My parents and I get together with family on my mom or dad’s side, eat food, and have a good time.

HCTX: Which fiction character (like from a book, movie, tv show, etc) would you date? 

MW: That’s a tough one. Maybe Hermione Granger? I’m pretty passive, so she’s the kind of bossy person I might get along with. Plus, Emma Watson.

HCTX: What do you do for fun or to relax? 

MW: I play a MOBA called Smite, and I also like to read. I’m a big fan of YA: things like the Warriors and Ranger’s Apprentice series – and Harry Potter, of course. 

I am Corisa but a lot of my friends call me Cori! I feel like the real life Hannah Horvath from Girls.