Le Garage Boutique Sale: Austin

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

If you like to shop and you live in Austin you’re no stranger to the independent boutique.  Considering every fashion event in this city is at least halfway compiled with nothing but the like, independent stores are known for giving Austin its style.  However, independent doesn’t always mean the most CollegietteTM friendly prices.  Enter Le Garage Boutique Sale.  This weekend (January 28-29) shoppers can find all of their favorite Austin shops (we’re talking Dog and Pony, Maya Star, and Y&I Clothing Boutique kind of favorite) under the roof of the Austin Convention Center with merchandise at clearance prices.  The sale stresses that there’s something for everyone, so if a certain red and pink holiday has you stressed about a last minute gift, pick up a necklace for your bestie and a bowtie for your beau.  The sale happens semi-annually (yes, that’s Victoria’s Secret talk for twice a year), so there’s no shame in nabbing that studded bracelet or structured bag you’ve had your eye on.  Happy shopping! 

Photo: Le Garage Boutique Sale

Kenyatta Giddings is a double major in Broadcast Journalism and Radio-Television-Film at the University of Texas at Austin. She's a former toddler in a tiara from Dallas, Texas and enjoys recording voiceovers for Radio Disney, writing for various publications, and contributing her production and on-camera talents to an array of programs. In her spare time Kenyatta consumes herself with all things vintage shopping, entertainment media, and brunch. Follow her pursuit for fabulosity on Twitter @kenyattapinata and her favorite online magazine @HerCampusTexas.
Bernice Chuang is a fourth year double majoring in Broadcast Journalism and Communication Studies-Human Relations and doing the Business Foundations Program (aka business minor) at the University of Texas at Austin. Born and raised in Houston, Texas, Bernice is a fan of good country music and yummy barbeque! At UT, Bernice is a resident assistant at an all-female residence hall and currently serves as a senator representing her residence hall, Kinsolving, on the Resident Assistant Association. She also leads a small group bible study for Asian American Campus Ministries and sings with her campus ministries’ a cappella group. When she’s not juggling her various roles and commitments, Bernice enjoys exploring downtown Austin, shopping with her fellow RA staff members, reading books on faith and spirituality, learning how to cook and tackling various dessert recipes, and spending quality time with friends.