Jeremy Maranitch ’13

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

Name: Jeremy Maranitch
Year: 2013
Major: Kinesiology
Hometown: Tyler, TX

What’s your favorite movie?
Get him to the Greek

What do you look for in a girl?
I look for a girl who isn’t high maintenance, which means she isn’t always looking to be more fashionable than other girls. I like a girl who has natural beauty and doesn’t need accessories to cover it up.

What organizations are you involved in?
I am a member of the UT Austin Rugby club

What’s an interesting fact about you?
I can honestly say that I have been part of a large scale Chupacabra hunting expedition. I can also say my ABC’s backwards

What was the best date you’ve ever been on?
One of my favorite dates was actually taking my girlfriend snowboarding and teaching her how to snowboard. The whole day we were both falling everywhere and learning new things about snowboarding so it was definitely not your average date. After spending the whole day on the slopes we then drove back to the house and we both cooked chicken alfredo together. After cooking we sat down and watched a movie. Snowboarding definitely made it awesome

Where do you see yourself in five years after graduation?
In five years I hope to be finishing up graduate school or already be working under a physician as a physician assistant. Hopefully I will be able to work here in Austin or another major city in Texas.

Bernice Chuang is a fourth year double majoring in Broadcast Journalism and Communication Studies-Human Relations and doing the Business Foundations Program (aka business minor) at the University of Texas at Austin. Born and raised in Houston, Texas, Bernice is a fan of good country music and yummy barbeque! At UT, Bernice is a resident assistant at an all-female residence hall and currently serves as a senator representing her residence hall, Kinsolving, on the Resident Assistant Association. She also leads a small group bible study for Asian American Campus Ministries and sings with her campus ministries’ a cappella group. When she’s not juggling her various roles and commitments, Bernice enjoys exploring downtown Austin, shopping with her fellow RA staff members, reading books on faith and spirituality, learning how to cook and tackling various dessert recipes, and spending quality time with friends.