The Intern Queen is Coming to UT

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

Worried about what’s to come after college? Need some guidance on how to succeed? Want to know how to make the transition from college to the working world? You’re in luck. This week’s Campus Celebrity is Lauren Berger, and she will be at UT on October 22 giving a talk on her new book Welcome to the Real World.

Lauren Berger, also known as “The Intern Queen,” is a best-selling author whose work has helped countless young people, especially women across the nation. She began her journey with her website InternQueen.com when she was just 24 years old in September of 2009. Since then she has released the critically acclaimed book All Work, No Pay, a book which shows how one can land an internship, build a resume, and make the connections and gain the experience needed to exceed in professional endeavors. The book received immense praise and was a huge success. Lucky for us, she just released another book this year, Welcome to the Real World. This book is a perfect companion to her first, helping the reader become more comfortable and improve as a working individual.  Released in April, the book has already earned high ratings and has impacted many young people. The most exciting part? Us Longhorns get the chance to hear Lauren herself speak on her book and her general knowledge as a mentor to young working people across the country.

Her Campus Texas  What led to your interest in working with young people when it comes to advice on professional matters?

Lauren Berger: I had a ton of internships in college and no one helped me get them! I wanted to change that for my peers!

HCTX: What is the most rewarding thing about your job?

LB: I get to work with ambitious young people each day!

HCTX: What is one experience you’ve had that taught you a helpful lesson about “the real world?”

LB: Every internship taught me so much about who I was and who I wanted to be. I recommend everyone pursue internships!

HCTX: If you could give the young people of UT one reason to come see your talk and/or read your new book, what would it be?

LB: They will be so inspired – hear hysterical stories about my internships – learn a ton – and it’s really quick easy and to the point – they will LOVE IT! I even have some fun celebrity stories to share!

HCTX: And lastly, a fun question in the spirit of the holidays: if you were going to dress up for Halloween, what would you dress up as?

LB: Hmmmmm…….I don’t know! Last year I was a hamburger :) Get it?

Don’t miss out on this unique and valuable opportunity! Lauren Berger will be here at UT from 5:30 pm to 8:00 pm on October 22 in the McCombs School of Business in GSB 2.124. You may just get the advice you’ve been looking for.

Details: Wednesday, October 22nd at 5:30 P.M. in Belmont 328 (DKR Stadium; Building Entrance on 21st) for the first ever #FordChallenge event at UT Austin! RSVP for this FREE event here

Photo Credit: Lauren Berger Buzznet 

I am Corisa but a lot of my friends call me Cori! I feel like the real life Hannah Horvath from Girls.