nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

How to Deal with the Holidays When You’re Single AF

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

How to deal with the holidays when you are single AF!!

Young, lonely college students will soon be returning home for the holidays. With this comes the pestering questions: How are your grades? How many friends do you have? Do you have a boyfriend? Of course you answer with the generic “everything is great! No, I am way too busy and focused on school to have a boyfriend.” When, in reality, all you want to say is “screw off!” Well, in order to deal with those dark mean inner thoughts, you can follow some easy steps.

1. Netflix and Hide

Find a new show to binge on and enjoy the peace and quiet. Because what is better than watching Dr. McDreamy or Nathan Scott or Tim Riggins in action. Not only do you have to avoid awkward family talk but you can finally take your mind off of school and relationships and just escape. The most important and best thing about Netflix and Hide is that there is no one to impress therefore no dressing up and getting to relax in sweatpants!

2. Treat yo self

It’s the holiday season therefore go all out. Go shopping, buy everything you want because you don’t need to spend the money on anyone but yourself. Go crazy and reinvent yourself and your style. Try new clothes and see what works best for you. You deserve to have a splurge so go ahead and treat yo self!

3. Start on your summer body early

Holidays mean lots of free time so instead of stuffing your face try to work on yourself. Show everyone what they are missing out on. Also, hitting up the gym is a good distraction. It not only keeps you away from pestering family questions but also keeps your mind off of boys. No distractions=better summer bod!

4. Try new hobbies

Explore your hometown or travel around and see new things. Take a road trip with your closest friends and create new memories. The best way to get over being single and feeling alone is to surround yourself with friends and go on adventures. The best way to live up your single life is to celebrate life and have fun!

Hi! I've lived in Texas all my life. Im an international relations major and pre-law student. I love running, swimming, cycling, working out, and just being outdoors