timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Elliot Dancey, 2017

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

Name: Elliot Dancey

Year: Sophomore

Major: Undeclared

Celebrity Crush: Margot Robbie

In my previous Campus Cutie article, I explained the three W’s by which you can judge a man’s life. By 1) His wallet, 2) his watch and 3) the women in his life. Elliot Dancey and his three W’s have all the makings of a good guy. A well kept, brown leather wallet, an elegant two-toned family watch and a very lovely woman by his side; a girlfriend named Abby, who he assures me is one of the most important people in his life. However, it has been drawn to my attention that another W should be added to the mix; a W that Elliot exemplifies more than most boys I’ve met. Wanderlust.

Though he is loathe to boast, Elliot’s many travels can be pieced together by his answers to what would otherwise be pretty generic questions. The best meal he has ever had? A beef bourguignon served at Le Grand Colbert in Paris. The favorite place he’s ever visited? A stop in Istanbul during a family trip to Italy and Turkey. Finally, a trip to Costa Rica for this past Valentine’s Day is the last passport stamp his answers leave on our interview together. When I ask him what his favorite things to do are, it’s no wonder he says to travel. But despite his worldly adventures, there is something all-American about Elliot. His boy next door blonde hair and blue eyes accompanied by an Opie Taylor grin (look it up) leaves the impression of a “born and raised” attitude even before you know what movie he thinks should win best picture (the oscar goes to American Sniper) and that his favorite piece of clothing is his blue jeans (“I wear them more than anything else”). His laugh, though, is probably the thing people associate Elliot with the most. It’s big and it’s loud and it’s the kind of laugh you hear from across the restaurant that makes you want to join the party instead of complain to your waiter. His favorite ice cream is coffee flavored, he likes Taylor Swift, his favorite movies are the Borne Trilogies and he has a pretty big fly fishing hobby. What’s more American than that? 

I am Corisa but a lot of my friends call me Cori! I feel like the real life Hannah Horvath from Girls.