element5 digital MEzqoN8p6C0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
element5 digital MEzqoN8p6C0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Edward Stockwell, 2015

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

Name: Edward Stockwell

Major: Radio-TV-Film

Year: Third year

Her Campus Texas: What is your ideal date?

Edward Stockwell:  My ideal date would be when they get a little pruny. Nobody enjoys a really ripe date. And boy howdy, serve ’em with some sort of sugar-honey on it, and you’ve got the recipe for a good time. Oh, you’re talking about taking a human female somewhere for an activity? Okay. Well then, I guess I’d have to say shopping for, preparing, and eating dates while watching Game of Thrones. That’d be sweet. Almost as sweet as honey-covered dates. The second activity, after she confirmed that she really enjoyed the first date-themed date, would be a normal, romantic dinner. But the catch is that it’s at Rainforest Cafe and the robotic elephant is trumpeting in you ear throughout the whole meal. The third date is a series of riddles, each one more sinister and cunning than the last.

HCTX: What do you do in your free time?

ES: I don’t have free time. I’m a busy man/man-child. However, if I do have a few moments to myself, I like the simple things. If the weather isn’t causing leaves to burst into flame, I like to hike and explore state/national parks. Mmmm, is this painting such a handsome, rugged picture of me? Well, I’ll ruin it by saying I also love playing computer games and reading Tolkien’s literature. I’m currently re-reading The Silmarillion for the sixth time. Also, the new Zelda game looks really great. Fan yourselves down, ladies. Also, should I mention that I have a girlfriend, somehow? I think I should. I could be in huge trouble for this. Please nobody don’t sext me.

HCTX: What do you want to be when you grow up?
ES: When I grow up, I wanna have a job. It’d be great if that job was writing in the field of entertainment. I’m not that picky, though television would be great. Okay, you caught me at a really fragile time, so I’ll confess that my dream job would be writing for a late-night show such as Jimmy Kimmel Live. Also, TV writers make SOO much money. Like, I’d have enough to support myself and half a child. Or, myself and a really greedy iguana.

HCTX: Who is your role model?
ES: My role model would be Stephen Colbert. Not only is he Catholic like myself (suck it, Lutherans), but he also is an extreme Lord of the Rings geek and just has a way with words. Another role model would be myself because I am the best role model for me that I can be.

HCTX: What did you dream about last night?
ES: Woah, my dream last night? This sounds a little personal. I don’t know if I’m comfortable with th–
So, I was attending a taping of Ellen, for some reason. I don’t watch Ellen, but I respect her for being a proud lesbian and strong woman. Yeah, lap it up, feminists. Anyways, Simon Pegg, Edgar Wright, and Nick Frost were her guests and I ended up backstage with them, and we became the best of friends, and Edgar Wright decided to produce and direct the screenplay that I’m writing in class. Then it was a blur, but it ended with Tony Bennett singing “The Good Life” as the four of us clinked mimosas on a yacht.