Daniel Carlisle, 2017

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

Name: Daniel Carlisle

Year: Sophomore

Major: Chemistry

Dog of Choice: Pug

Celebrity Crushes: Emma Watson, Rashida Jones, Eden Hazard

A man can easily be defined by what I like to call the three W’s. What kind of watch he wears, the wallet he carries, and the women in his life. The watch Daniel Charles Burton Carlisle II wears, unlike his name, is understated. With a brown leather band clipped to a slender face, the sporty look combined with his camper-esque style makes him look like R.E.I royalty. His wallet follows suit in being simple but very refined. And yet, the question that most men get wrong, is the one Daniel answers perfectly. Who are the women in his life? Without hesitation, Daniel answers. “My mother and my grandmother.”

Daniel is a sophomore chemistry major who just recently transferred from the University of Texas at San Antonio. He says his favorite subject is organic chemistry, to which I can’t help but roll my eyes at yet another perfect answer. However, an adorably juvenile explanation makes up for such an intelligent response. “It’s fun drawing all the shapes and trying to name them!” His favorite TV show at the moment is Parks and Recreation, and he reluctantly admits that Ron Swanson is his favorite character. Daniel proceeds to tell me a rather crass Swanson quote, but then follows by reciting Robert Frost when asked if he has a favorite poem. The one thing that must always be in his backpack? “A good pen,” he passionately tells me. “I HATE clicky pens.” His pre-test rituals consist of sticky notes filled with inspirational quotes like, “the man who thinks he can and the man who thinks he can’t are usually both right.” There is not much Daniel can’t do to make himself seem less adorable; all his bad answers are cute and all his good answers are profound. His watch doesn’t seem to have a crack and his wallet is without stain. Though, his favorite movie is Anchorman, so maybe there is something wrong with him after all. 

I am Corisa but a lot of my friends call me Cori! I feel like the real life Hannah Horvath from Girls.