Dancers Shape: Lanky People + Sweet Playlists + Oranges = A Party

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

This is a sponsored post as part of the “Fit for Summer” Challenge, presented by Dancers Shape and Her Campus Texas.

Hello lovely readers, hope you had a wonderful Easter! These classes this past week kicked my BUTT and were definitely some of the hardest workouts I’ve had. After 3 weeks of these classes though, I do feel myself becoming more coordinated, more physically conscious of my body, and less clumsy. Definitely stronger! Is it possible? Yes it is, awkward and lanky readers! You will be less likely to run into things, trip, or randomly lose your balance in your daily life. You’ll also often catch yourself subconsciously standing with your toe pointed and arms gracefully above your head. Just kidding. I like how in the classes, there’s one type of “shape” class, but the different instructors like to change it up so you never get the same workout twice. Pretty sweet. Also, favorite instructor of the week, Mariclaire is super tall and graceful, plus she has fantastic playlists (i.e. Phoenix, Joan Jett, John Mayer). Super sweet. Is it weird that I can kind of read their personalities from their music choices? Maybe. Am I a shape class convert? Yeah.

About biking to dance classes, I’m happy to say: I’ve done it! I prepped earlier in the week by riding to the IM fields, and despite this sneaky monster hill that I ran into in a neighborhood (so sneaky!), riding’s always very enjoyable. Hyde Park is pretty nice with some quirky places to eat, but the scenery around Burnet/Medical Arts (where Dancer’s Shape is) is pretty dreamy too. Riding to Dancers Shape is cooler because I can stop by Central Market to chill, so trying different fruit constitutes a good break within the 14 total miles of commuting (7-ish each way). By the way, the oranges they sell at Central Market are the BOMB. Oranges, I’ve really underestimated you. Until next time, readers!  

Bernice Chuang is a fourth year double majoring in Broadcast Journalism and Communication Studies-Human Relations and doing the Business Foundations Program (aka business minor) at the University of Texas at Austin. Born and raised in Houston, Texas, Bernice is a fan of good country music and yummy barbeque! At UT, Bernice is a resident assistant at an all-female residence hall and currently serves as a senator representing her residence hall, Kinsolving, on the Resident Assistant Association. She also leads a small group bible study for Asian American Campus Ministries and sings with her campus ministries’ a cappella group. When she’s not juggling her various roles and commitments, Bernice enjoys exploring downtown Austin, shopping with her fellow RA staff members, reading books on faith and spirituality, learning how to cook and tackling various dessert recipes, and spending quality time with friends.