The Charisma and Talent of Devin Medley

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

Name: Devin Medley

Major/Grad Year: double major in musical theatre and history; sophomore 

Hometown: Beaumont, Texas (big money)

Extracurriculars and interests: JESUS! Longhorn Singers, Sigma Phi Lambda, school, eating, napping, laughing, caring, loving on friends, hugs, and holding hands.

Favorite TSwift song: Tied Together with a Smile (so good so deep so relatable!)

How did you get involved in theatre? I started theatre after seeing “Annie the Musical” on the stage. After my first role at the age of 5 as the Big Bad Wolf in the play “The Three Little Pigs”, I was hooked ever since. 

Explain your journey. I furthered my passion for theatre from 1st grade to 8th grade. I took a short break to explore another avenue and ended up where I left off: on a stage underneath a spotlight. High school came around, and it came time to decide what I wanted to do when I left high school. I held multiple conversations with God and my mom and dad and with receiving their support, I decided to pursue my passion.

What is your proudest accomplishment? First Chair Alto 1 All State Choir :)

What are you working on now? What is that process like? Currently I am in the Department of Theatre and Dance’s production of “Fame”, and it has been a busy, crazy ride. With rehearsals from 6-10 Monday-Friday, and rehearsals on the weekends, it’s been nonstop. Though the rehearsal process can get tedious, when you are doing something you love and working towards a goal, it’s all worth it in the end. And it has been! Performing is such an exhilarating feeling, and I would not be the person I am today without the opportunities provided to me when I perform. Next on the agenda is the spring show “Moments” for Longhorn Singers (EVERYONE COME OUT!!! The last weekend in January) and performing as Little Red Ridinghood in the Butler Opera Center’s production of “Into the Woods”. 

Where do you see yourself in five years? In five years I see myself either working for Disney as a performer or moving to or living in New York, working in a museum as I audition for shows on Broadway. Maybe find the love of my life? Or marry the love of my life? Who knows? I may just end up in Europe serving up gelato which I’m totally ok with too! 

I am Corisa but a lot of my friends call me Cori! I feel like the real life Hannah Horvath from Girls.