Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Texas Celebrities

All Things Halloween with Baileigh Millender

By Corisa Smith
October 27, 2014 - 12:34am

If Baileigh isn't one of your close friends, then something beautiful is truly missing in your life. She hits the golden friendship trifecta of being caring, funny, and supportive. Because she is such a fantastic human being, I asked her a few questions about Halloween and will share below her sometimes funny, always endearing answers.    Her Campus Texas: What are your plans for Halloween? Baileigh Millender: Costume party at a friend's house!

HCTX: What has been your favorite Halloween costume you have ever worn? READ MORE

The Intern Queen is Coming to UT

By Jannah Salter
October 19, 2014 - 11:48pm

Worried about what’s to come after college? Need some guidance on how to succeed? Want to know how to make the transition from college to the working world? You’re in luck. This week’s Campus Celebrity is Lauren Berger, and she will be at UT on October 22 giving a talk on her new book Welcome to the Real World. READ MORE

Gigglepants Guru: Allison O’Conor

By Erin Altieri
October 12, 2014 - 11:36am

A show like SNL can last for 40 seasons because of its ability to continuously make an audience laugh. Laughter is one of those simple joys that can never be too appreciated and is always needed. UT Sophomore Allison O’Conor knows all about the power of laughter as a member of Gigglepants a comedy improv group on campus!   How did you get started with improv comedy? · My older brother got me into it! When I was starting my first year at UT, he was starting his last, and had been active in Gigglepants for three years already. He encouraged me to audition for the troupe, and although I had my reservations about seemingly “following in his footsteps”, I did (and I couldn’t be happier). READ MORE...

Jon Cozart’s Happily Ever After

By Charlotte Rose
October 6, 2014 - 12:34am

If you’ve been on the internet in the last year, you’ve probably seen two very original Disney melodies, revealing that “happily ever after” may not be all it’s cracked up to be.  What you might not know about these videos is that their creator, Jon Cozart, is a senior RTF major right here at UT.  A performer since junior high, Jon is an experienced actor, singer, and member of UT’s Gigglepants Improv.  Jon is also continuing to make YouTube videos, having currently accumulated over two million subscribers. Her Campus Texas:  How did you get started in theatre? READ MORE

West Coast to East Coast (And Beyond) with Sara Robillard

By Taylor Ariel Simmons
September 29, 2014 - 1:23am

Sara has been all over campus, but she’s also made her way across the nation (and, occasionally, the world). This California native travelled to Texas for school, which eventually led her to New York City for double internships this past summer.  Name: Sara Robillard Major: B.S. Advertising, B.A. Theatre & Dance, BDP Global Studies  Year: Senior  Co- and extra- curricular leadership positions: Cohen New Works Festival Marketing & PR co-chair, previous Hook 'em Arts director, member of Communication Council, Publicity chair for Alpha Xi Delta, previous Multimedia chair and current Spirit Organization Recruitment chair for Texas THON    HCTX: What drove you to move from CA to attend UT?...

This Outside Hitter is a Hit – Paulina Prieto Cerame

By Jannah Salter
September 23, 2014 - 12:26am

There’s a new athlete on campus and her name is Paulina.  This former Penn State University volleyball player made the fantastic decision to transfer to the University of Texas for her remaining three years as a Division One athlete. Volleyball fans and Longhorn sports fans in general should be excited; this girl is good. READ MORE

Making All The Difference: UT Sophomore Juliet Carrillo

By Elizabeth Stokes
September 17, 2014 - 1:11am

In many ways, UT sophomore Juliet Carrillo is a walking contradiction. At a towering 4’11, she mentions that even automated doors rarely detect her presence. However, the power and pace at which she walks can part any collegiate crowd. Her bed, topped with various stuffed animals, is perfectly made while her desk reeks havoc on the left side of her room. Perhaps the most striking contradiction in her dorm is the bright turquoise blue flag that hangs on a very dull dormitory wall. A flag that not even the most qualified student in an 8th grade geography class could recognize. The country to which the flag belongs is much like Juliet herself; small but strong, unassuming but an anomaly in every way....

Destinie Mack, 2017

By Erin Altieri
September 6, 2014 - 6:02pm

There is no doubt that one of the best feelings you will experience on the 40 acres is stepping into the stadium on your first game day and taking in the sea of burnt orange filled with cheering fans. For UT sophomore Destinie Mack that feeling is the energy that fuels her through the game as a cheerleader of UT’s White Squad. This past Saturday was Destinie’s 2nd opening game, but performing in front of 100,000 plus people never gets old for her. As last years “Rookie of the Year” for White Squad Destinie Mack is this weeks Campus Celeb!   What was your first ever game day like? READ MORE

Broadway Bound: J. Quinton Johnson

By Erin Altieri
May 17, 2014 - 4:39pm

READ MORE

Matt King Puts His Vines on Top

By Charlotte Rose
May 11, 2014 - 12:42am

There are two types of people in this world: those who jam out to Beyoncé in the car, and liars.  While everyone may be guilty of some intense lip-syncing when Queen Bey comes on, they may not be used to thousands of people actually watching them in action, especially not repeatedly in a six second loop.  Matt King is a little more used to the attention: with over 330,000 Revines, Matt’s most popular vine (where he pulls some crazy faces in the car as “Love on Top” plays on the radio) has taken the senior advertising major to small-screen stardom. READ MORE