Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Texas Celebrities

Broadway Bound: J. Quinton Johnson

By Erin Altieri
May 17, 2014 - 4:39pm

READ MORE

Matt King Puts His Vines on Top

By Charlotte Rose
May 11, 2014 - 12:42am

There are two types of people in this world: those who jam out to Beyoncé in the car, and liars.  While everyone may be guilty of some intense lip-syncing when Queen Bey comes on, they may not be used to thousands of people actually watching them in action, especially not repeatedly in a six second loop.  Matt King is a little more used to the attention: with over 330,000 Revines, Matt’s most popular vine (where he pulls some crazy faces in the car as “Love on Top” plays on the radio) has taken the senior advertising major to small-screen stardom. READ MORE

Sneak Peek at Mariel Salcedo's Post-Grad Life

By Chloe Morris
May 3, 2014 - 1:45pm

Mariel is a graduating film major. She has produced the Texas Student Television program "Sneak Peek" for two years and spent last summer interning for Sony. Mariel is currently interviewing for post-grad jobs and looking forward to the future.    Name: Mariel Salcedo Major: Radio-Television-Film  Year: 2014   Her Campus Texas: What is your best dream?   READ MORE

Who's That Model? It's Raquel!

By Abena Ababio
April 25, 2014 - 8:22pm

Picture yourself calmly walking through campus and then all of a sudden you see her and you think, “Who’s that girl?!” (in the tune of the New Girl theme song of course). She has one of those faces that stop you dead in your tracks. Not only is she one of the most stunning people I have ever laid eyes on, but Brazilian beauty Raquel Toledo is also one of the sweetest. Luckily, HCTX managed to snag an interview with her before she reaches Victoria’s Secret Angel level of fame. Name: Raquel Toledo Year: Junior Major: Advertising Her Campus Texas: When did you start modeling and what was your first job? READ MORE

Lonestar State of Mind: Alejandra Gonzalez

By Irma Garcia
April 19, 2014 - 4:25pm

Her Campus Texas: Why did you become a Lonestar? Alejandra Gonzalez: Because it was part of the college experience and they were an amazing group of girls who focused on helping underprivileged girls go to prom. HCTX: What’s your favorite thing about the organization? AG: Project Princess: the biggest philanthropy. Where we help underprivileged girls go to prom and give them a boutique day! It’s definitely a girl’s day! HCTX: What has it done for you? READ MORE

Stephen LaPatrick Owens II, Future Mr. President?

By Mira Milla
April 12, 2014 - 3:38pm

Stephen LaPatrick Owens II, a Government and Pre-Law major, has a big dream that he's working extremely hard to achieve. 21 year-old Owens is working to be President of our great country. No, seriously! This man has everything planned out and is ready to make big things happen. Plus, he can do a GREAT President Obama impersonation. But that's not the reason why he wants to be President. Besides being a great speaker, having a powerful voice and already looking like a prestigious figure, Owens cares. He cares about his family, friends and the well-being of our home: the United States of America. READ MORE

Lights Up on Trey Curtis

By Felicia Fitzpatrick
April 1, 2014 - 10:20pm

In Sister Act 2, Sister Mary Clarence (Whoopi Goldberg) serves Rita (Lauryn Hill) some serious realness. “If you wake up and the only thing you can think of singing, then you’re meant to be a singer, girl.” Clearly, Trey Curtis woke up thinking about performing, because that is exactly what he is meant to do. Curtis will begin his performances of "Usnavi de la Vega", the main role of In The Heights, a main-stage production of the Tony-award winning musical, next week, and he’s only a freshman. Don’t worry, I feel inadequate, too. READ MORE

Movie Magic: Wes Anderson & Owen Wilson

By Britney Wilkinson
March 29, 2014 - 12:21pm

Not only do we have awesome students doing awesome things on campus, but we also have some very notable alumni. Sure, Matthew McConaughey won an Oscar for his work in front of the camera (NBD) but what about people behind the camera? Enter, Wes Anderson. READ MORE

Getting Crafty with Katherine Delfeld

By Corisa Smith
March 22, 2014 - 10:23am

Home. Your childhood bedroom that still has a section of a wall dedicated to Jesse McCartney. Your Mom’s homemade brownies. The couch in the living room that perfectly fits your body. A lot of us at college miss the feeling of home when we are living on our own for the first time. But if you put in a little effort and a lot of creativity, you can create an oasis in your dorm, apartment, or college house that makes you feel at home again. I recently got the chance to talk to Junior English major and golden girl Katherine Delfeld about the beginning of spring, photography, and creating a bit of home. READ MORE

Popular: Wicked's Hayley Podschun

By Taylor Ariel Simmons
March 5, 2014 - 5:07pm

We all grew up with the classic, The Wizard of Oz, but so much happened before Dorothy dropped into the land of Oz, which we learn about in the musical phenomenon, Wicked. The musical, composed by Stephen Schwartz, explains the untold story of Oz’s witches: Elphaba, the Wicked Witch of the West, and Glinda, the Good Witch of the North. The Second National Tour has been here at Bass Concert Hall since February 18 and closes Sunday, March 9. Her Campus Texas chatted with actresses, Jennifer DiNoia, and Hayley Podschun, who portray "Elphaba" and "Glinda", respectively, about their training, their Wicked audition process, and what it’s like playing these two such powerful women. READ MORE