Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Texas Celebrities

Lonestar State of Mind: Alejandra Gonzalez

By Irma Garcia
April 19, 2014 - 4:25pm

Her Campus Texas: Why did you become a Lonestar? Alejandra Gonzalez: Because it was part of the college experience and they were an amazing group of girls who focused on helping underprivileged girls go to prom. HCTX: What’s your favorite thing about the organization? AG: Project Princess: the biggest philanthropy. Where we help underprivileged girls go to prom and give them a boutique day! It’s definitely a girl’s day! HCTX: What has it done for you? READ MORE

Stephen LaPatrick Owens II, Future Mr. President?

By Mira Milla
April 12, 2014 - 3:38pm

Stephen LaPatrick Owens II, a Government and Pre-Law major, has a big dream that he's working extremely hard to achieve. 21 year-old Owens is working to be President of our great country. No, seriously! This man has everything planned out and is ready to make big things happen. Plus, he can do a GREAT President Obama impersonation. But that's not the reason why he wants to be President. Besides being a great speaker, having a powerful voice and already looking like a prestigious figure, Owens cares. He cares about his family, friends and the well-being of our home: the United States of America. READ MORE

Lights Up on Trey Curtis

By Felicia Fitzpatrick
April 1, 2014 - 10:20pm

In Sister Act 2, Sister Mary Clarence (Whoopi Goldberg) serves Rita (Lauryn Hill) some serious realness. “If you wake up and the only thing you can think of singing, then you’re meant to be a singer, girl.” Clearly, Trey Curtis woke up thinking about performing, because that is exactly what he is meant to do. Curtis will begin his performances of "Usnavi de la Vega", the main role of In The Heights, a main-stage production of the Tony-award winning musical, next week, and he’s only a freshman. Don’t worry, I feel inadequate, too. READ MORE

Movie Magic: Wes Anderson & Owen Wilson

By Britney Wilkinson
March 29, 2014 - 12:21pm

Not only do we have awesome students doing awesome things on campus, but we also have some very notable alumni. Sure, Matthew McConaughey won an Oscar for his work in front of the camera (NBD) but what about people behind the camera? Enter, Wes Anderson. READ MORE

Getting Crafty with Katherine Delfeld

By Corisa Smith
March 22, 2014 - 10:23am

Home. Your childhood bedroom that still has a section of a wall dedicated to Jesse McCartney. Your Mom’s homemade brownies. The couch in the living room that perfectly fits your body. A lot of us at college miss the feeling of home when we are living on our own for the first time. But if you put in a little effort and a lot of creativity, you can create an oasis in your dorm, apartment, or college house that makes you feel at home again. I recently got the chance to talk to Junior English major and golden girl Katherine Delfeld about the beginning of spring, photography, and creating a bit of home. READ MORE

Popular: Wicked's Hayley Podschun

By Taylor Ariel Simmons
March 5, 2014 - 5:07pm

We all grew up with the classic, The Wizard of Oz, but so much happened before Dorothy dropped into the land of Oz, which we learn about in the musical phenomenon, Wicked. The musical, composed by Stephen Schwartz, explains the untold story of Oz’s witches: Elphaba, the Wicked Witch of the West, and Glinda, the Good Witch of the North. The Second National Tour has been here at Bass Concert Hall since February 18 and closes Sunday, March 9. Her Campus Texas chatted with actresses, Jennifer DiNoia, and Hayley Podschun, who portray "Elphaba" and "Glinda", respectively, about their training, their Wicked audition process, and what it’s like playing these two such powerful women. READ MORE

Defying Gravity: Wicked's Jennifer DiNoia

By Felicia Fitzpatrick
March 5, 2014 - 2:42pm

We all grew up with the classic, The Wizard of Oz, but so much happened before Dorothy dropped into the land of Oz, which we learn about in the musical phenomenon, Wicked. The musical, composed by Stephen Schwartz, explains the untold story of Oz’s witches: Elphaba, the Wicked Witch of the West, and Glinda, the Good Witch of the North. The Second National Tour has been here at Bass Concert Hall since February 18 and closes Sunday, March 9. Her Campus Texas chatted with actresses, Jennifer DiNoia, and Hayley Podschun, who portray "Elphaba" and "Glinda", respectively, about their training, their Wicked audition process, and what it’s like playing these two such powerful women. READ MORE

Greek Life Connected: Ari Gootnick

By Erin Altieri
March 1, 2014 - 12:10pm

One of the greatest parts of the University of Texas is that because of it’s size there is always something going on. If you have ever been in West Campus on the weekend you’ll see that Greek Life provides multiple events on any given night. The struggle, however, has always been, who is having an event and what are the details? You don’t want to assume there is a party at a house and then awkwardly walk into a mixer that you aren’t a part of. Sophomore advertising major Ari Gootnick created an answer to our questions when he co-developed the new app GreekLink. READ MORE

Feelin' 22: Megan Futch

By Mary-Cate Machalec
February 23, 2014 - 12:18pm

Meet Megan Futch, a Texas Volleyball player and senior who has a National Championship, two Big 12 Championships, and two trips to the Final Four under her belt. Besides being extremely talented, (check out her massive National Championship ring for proof), she’s down-to-earth, energetic, and always has a smile on her face! Her Campus Texas: You didn’t start out your career at Texas. Can you tell us about your journey here? READ MORE

Eat, Style, Love: Hannah Leonard in Italy

By Abena Ababio
February 15, 2014 - 4:46pm

If I had a spirit animal, I’m more than 100% certain that it would be Hannah Leonard. It’s impossible not to admire someone whose fashion sensibilities would make Anna Wintour swoon. She is currently studying abroad in Florence, surrounded by stunning fashion, amazing food, architecture, and of course cute boys with accents.  (*insert jealous sighs here*). The amazing jetsetter took the time out of her busy schedule to answer some of my pressing questions about her Italian adventure.  Name: Hannah Leonard Year: Sophomore (class of 2016) Major: Textiles and Apparel READ MORE