Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Texas Celebrities

West Coast to East Coast (And Beyond) with Sara Robillard

By Taylor Ariel Simmons
September 29, 2014 - 1:23am

Sara has been all over campus, but she’s also made her way across the nation (and, occasionally, the world). This California native travelled to Texas for school, which eventually led her to New York City for double internships this past summer.  Name: Sara Robillard Major: B.S. Advertising, B.A. Theatre & Dance, BDP Global Studies  Year: Senior  Co- and extra- curricular leadership positions: Cohen New Works Festival Marketing & PR co-chair, previous Hook 'em Arts director, member of Communication Council, Publicity chair for Alpha Xi Delta, previous Multimedia chair and current Spirit Organization Recruitment chair for Texas THON    HCTX: What drove you to move from CA to attend UT?...

This Outside Hitter is a Hit – Paulina Prieto Cerame

By Jannah Salter
September 23, 2014 - 12:26am

There’s a new athlete on campus and her name is Paulina.  This former Penn State University volleyball player made the fantastic decision to transfer to the University of Texas for her remaining three years as a Division One athlete. Volleyball fans and Longhorn sports fans in general should be excited; this girl is good. READ MORE

Making All The Difference: UT Sophomore Juliet Carrillo

By Elizabeth Stokes
September 17, 2014 - 1:11am

In many ways, UT sophomore Juliet Carrillo is a walking contradiction. At a towering 4’11, she mentions that even automated doors rarely detect her presence. However, the power and pace at which she walks can part any collegiate crowd. Her bed, topped with various stuffed animals, is perfectly made while her desk reeks havoc on the left side of her room. Perhaps the most striking contradiction in her dorm is the bright turquoise blue flag that hangs on a very dull dormitory wall. A flag that not even the most qualified student in an 8th grade geography class could recognize. The country to which the flag belongs is much like Juliet herself; small but strong, unassuming but an anomaly in every way....

Destinie Mack, 2017

By Erin Altieri
September 6, 2014 - 6:02pm

There is no doubt that one of the best feelings you will experience on the 40 acres is stepping into the stadium on your first game day and taking in the sea of burnt orange filled with cheering fans. For UT sophomore Destinie Mack that feeling is the energy that fuels her through the game as a cheerleader of UT’s White Squad. This past Saturday was Destinie’s 2nd opening game, but performing in front of 100,000 plus people never gets old for her. As last years “Rookie of the Year” for White Squad Destinie Mack is this weeks Campus Celeb!   What was your first ever game day like? READ MORE

Broadway Bound: J. Quinton Johnson

By Erin Altieri
May 17, 2014 - 4:39pm

READ MORE

Matt King Puts His Vines on Top

By Charlotte Rose
May 11, 2014 - 12:42am

There are two types of people in this world: those who jam out to Beyoncé in the car, and liars.  While everyone may be guilty of some intense lip-syncing when Queen Bey comes on, they may not be used to thousands of people actually watching them in action, especially not repeatedly in a six second loop.  Matt King is a little more used to the attention: with over 330,000 Revines, Matt’s most popular vine (where he pulls some crazy faces in the car as “Love on Top” plays on the radio) has taken the senior advertising major to small-screen stardom. READ MORE

Sneak Peek at Mariel Salcedo's Post-Grad Life

By Chloe Morris
May 3, 2014 - 1:45pm

Mariel is a graduating film major. She has produced the Texas Student Television program "Sneak Peek" for two years and spent last summer interning for Sony. Mariel is currently interviewing for post-grad jobs and looking forward to the future.    Name: Mariel Salcedo Major: Radio-Television-Film  Year: 2014   Her Campus Texas: What is your best dream?   READ MORE

Who's That Model? It's Raquel!

By Abena Ababio
April 25, 2014 - 8:22pm

Picture yourself calmly walking through campus and then all of a sudden you see her and you think, “Who’s that girl?!” (in the tune of the New Girl theme song of course). She has one of those faces that stop you dead in your tracks. Not only is she one of the most stunning people I have ever laid eyes on, but Brazilian beauty Raquel Toledo is also one of the sweetest. Luckily, HCTX managed to snag an interview with her before she reaches Victoria’s Secret Angel level of fame. Name: Raquel Toledo Year: Junior Major: Advertising Her Campus Texas: When did you start modeling and what was your first job? READ MORE

Lonestar State of Mind: Alejandra Gonzalez

By Irma Garcia
April 19, 2014 - 4:25pm

Her Campus Texas: Why did you become a Lonestar? Alejandra Gonzalez: Because it was part of the college experience and they were an amazing group of girls who focused on helping underprivileged girls go to prom. HCTX: What’s your favorite thing about the organization? AG: Project Princess: the biggest philanthropy. Where we help underprivileged girls go to prom and give them a boutique day! It’s definitely a girl’s day! HCTX: What has it done for you? READ MORE

Stephen LaPatrick Owens II, Future Mr. President?

By Mira Milla
April 12, 2014 - 3:38pm

Stephen LaPatrick Owens II, a Government and Pre-Law major, has a big dream that he's working extremely hard to achieve. 21 year-old Owens is working to be President of our great country. No, seriously! This man has everything planned out and is ready to make big things happen. Plus, he can do a GREAT President Obama impersonation. But that's not the reason why he wants to be President. Besides being a great speaker, having a powerful voice and already looking like a prestigious figure, Owens cares. He cares about his family, friends and the well-being of our home: the United States of America. READ MORE