jake dela concepcion SDktAkDbmgE unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jake dela concepcion SDktAkDbmgE unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Carrie Diaries: Style Quiz

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

Complete with fabulous shoulder pads and her signature bouncy curls, AnnaSophia Robb has transformed into the perfect young Carrie Bradshaw. Although there are inconsistencies with Sex and the City that only bother people who are old enough to remember the Bill Clinton election, we can’t help but totally connect with The Carrie Diaries. We love her ambition and courage. We love that she is going through the same things we are. We love that she cares for her friends. And let’s be honest: we love her style. But she’s not the only one on The Carrie Diaries that is showing off some amazing style; the rest of the colorful cast can clearly work it, too. In honor of the show returning to the CW for its second season, find out which character your style connects to!

​1. What risks do you take when it comes to style?

A) I love using my creativity to take something old and make it new and exciting!

B) Anything that isn’t black…

C) I don’t like taking risks.

D) Anything that impresses the guys.

E) It’s all about being BOLD, BOLD, BOLD!

2. What is your favorite drink?

A) Cosmopolitan

B) Anything the Sex Pistols would drink

C) Chocolate Milkshake

D) Champagne

E) The new, trendy drink of the week

3. How did your first kiss happen?

A) It was super sweet; it took place in somewhere like a swimming pool or behind the bleachers.

B) In the supply room of the record store with the cute clerk.

C) With a boy your parents would SO not approve of.

D) You were seven and you talked him into it.

E) You were on a European vacation and you snuck out to meet him.

4. What was your Senior Superlative?

A) Best Style

B) Most Likely to be a Rock Band Groupie

C) Most Likely to Succeed

D) Biggest Flirt

E) Boldest Personality

5. Who is your style inspiration?

A) My mom

B) Ally Sheedy

C) Molly Ringwald

D) Madonna

E) Cyndi Lauper

[pagebreak]

Results:

Mostly A’s: Carrie

You use your style to express yourself! You also use fashion to reflect your environment; it may be a casual look at home, while you dress up for going out on the town. You like to keep on the trends but use your own creativity to spice it up.

Mostly B’s: Dorrit 

You use your style to stand out! While others may be closely following the trends, you prefer to wear whatever will make you distinctive from them. Leather jackets and heavy black eye-make up may also make frequent appearances in your wardrobe.

Mostly C’s: Mouse

You use your style to feel comfortable! You may be into fashion, but you want to make sure it is practical, and won’t get in the way of accomplishing your goals. Don’t get us wrong, you like to have fun, but you like to be reasonable and sensible.

Mostly D’s: Donna

You use your style to bring all the boys to the yard! You love to be the center of attention, especially with boys. That’s why you make sure to buy outfits that shows off your assets, and you aren’t afraid to make some daring style choices.

Mostly E’s: Larissa

You use your style to make a statement! Whether it’s for work or for a party, you are always about being bold and fearless in your outfits. You love to shock people by changing up your look from time to time. You love to keep up with the trends, in fact, it’s your job.