Style > Beauty

The Brains, Beauty, and Sass of Amanda Barrington

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

Amanda Barrington really has it all: brains, beauty and sass! As the director of the Longhorn Entrepreneurship Agency, a member of Delta Gamma and the club tennis team, she somehow manages to juggle it all without breaking a sweat. She took some time out of her incredibly busy schedule to talk to Her Campus about her whirlwind life!

Her Campus: How would you describe your involvement on campus?

Amanda Barrington: My involvement on campus ranges from being in a sorority, Delta Gamma and being the director for the Longhorn Entrepreneurship Agency (LEA) within ut student government to participating on the tennis courts in club tennis

HCTX: How do you balance all these activities and make sure you’re doing well academically?

A.B.:When I was in the 6th grade, I had a wonderful teacher who taught me time management and that really helped me throughout high school and led me into the way I study and balance my schedule in college. And also Google calendars are my bae!

HCTX: What would you say is the best think about going to a school like UT?

A. B.: UT is so diverse in the way that you can participate in so many activities such as being involved in a sport, giving back to the community through service orgs and also participating in the legislative side through student government and being involved in academics and student life.

HCTX: What does your position in LEA entail?

A.B.: As the director of LEA, I represent entrepreneurship across the 40 acres ranging from monitoring 14 different entrepreneurial organizations to also being the voice of students who want to start their own ventures and help them find a way and give them the resources throughout the UT campus and the community.

HCTX: How do you relax when you’re not busy?

A. B.: After a long day I normally just come home to my roommates and luckily I have two friends who live next door and we usually watch movies together and drink hot cocoa especially now that it’s and just have random dance parties.

HCTX: With Thanksgiving right around the corner, what’s your favorite part of the holiday?

A.B.: The best part is being able to spend it with my brother because I only get to see him once a year since he lives in Denver and it’s a always on Thanksgiving since he works for the Air Force. 

I am Corisa but a lot of my friends call me Cori! I feel like the real life Hannah Horvath from Girls.