Best Ted Talks to Watch In Your Free Time

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

Any college student, especially those attending the University of Texas, has heard at least once Ted Talk. If you don’t know, Ted Talks are short lectures (18 minutes or less), given by a variety of people on a variety of topics. They can be used for motivational purposes, or just to quench your curiosity!  Here’s my favorite Ted Talks for everyday life troubles;

1. “10 Things You Didn’t Know About Masturbation” by Mary Roach

Subject: Masturbation

It’s as funny and as simple as it sounds.

2. “How Great Leaders Inspire Action” by Simon Sinek

Subject: Leadership, self-empowerment

How do you explain when other people achieve greatness? What are they doing that you aren’t?

3. “How to Speak So People Want to Listen” by Julian Treasure

Subject: Self-empowerment

If you’ve ever spoke and felt like no one was listening, watch this video for advice on how to  command attention the correct way.

4. “How to Make Stress Your Friend” by Kelly Mcgonigal

Subject: Time Management, Stress

5. “The Danger of a Single Story” by Chimamanda Adichie

Subject: Colonization, Westernization

If you have ever referred to Africa as a single country, you should watch this amazing woman speak as she unravels the fallacies construed by those of the Western world.

6. “This is What Happens When You Reply to Spam Mail” by James Veitch

Subject: Spam

Simply hilarious.

Hi! My name is Breona and I am a college student at the University of Texas at Austin. I am beyond friendly, so if you ever see me or want to hang out, don't feel afraid to message me at breonaautrey@utexas.edu . I am honored to be writing for HerCampus as I am consistently plagued with many ideas, short stories, a writings that'll help any woman (or man) pave their way through college. I am addicted to Twizzlers, allergic to chocolate, am multi-lingual and full of interesting stories. And, yes. I am serious.
Socialite, blogger, perfectionist; suffering from fomo and currently attending the University of Texas at Austin. Advertising major and member of Zeta Tau Alpha fraternity.