Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Texas Archives

Awkward Eye Contact: The Her Campus Texas Survival Guide

By Alyssa Sanchez
October 17, 2011 - 9:25pm

It happens every day to the people who least expect it. This unavoidable situation somehow manages to smack us in the face, creating one of the most uncomfortable scenarios on Earth: awkward eye contact with strangers. It can hit you while walking down the street, sitting in class or during church – but no matter the location, it doesn’t get any less painful. I’ve had my fair share of these experiences, so, lucky for you, I’m going to share how to make the best out of this accidental eye contact.

1. Flash your chops
READ MORE

Win a $30 Shopping Spree to Sheyna.com

By Zarina Moreno
October 17, 2011 - 9:23pm

The winner of the $30 giveaway is Chelsea Purgahn! Please email bernice@hercampus.com to redeem your prize. READ MORE

Want to win a HerCampus.com shirt?

By Bernice Chuang
October 17, 2011 - 12:03am

CONGRATULATIONS Wendy Whipple! You won the shirt! Email bernice@hercampus.com to claim your prize! In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month, Her Campus Texas is giving away a HerCampus.com white V-neck tee! Enter now to win!  Tweet this giveaway and tag @hercampustexas for a higher chance of winning!  READ MORE

Sean Hsueh '12

By Dani Cummings
October 14, 2011 - 12:07am

Senior Sean Hsueh has always found inspiration in wedding photos: “The pictures people remember the most are their happiest moments… when they’re smiling, laughing, interacting with people, involved in relationships.” It was this joy that led him and Linhao Zhang to establish their own company as undergraduates; Day 7 Photography was born. READ MORE

Say Good-Bye to Weekend Boredom

By Wynne Davis
October 14, 2011 - 12:01am

So there you were, Saturday morning and nothing to do because everyone was at the OU game right? Don’t fret, take a look at what Austin has to offer and you’ll never be bored again. Whether it’s OU weekend or a weekend when all your friends have gone home there’s always something fun to do in Austin, you just have to find it. Here’s a list of things to do when you’re feeling alone and abandoned. READ MORE

Teach for America Info Session

By Bernice Chuang
October 12, 2011 - 11:23pm

Want to make a dramatic impact immediately after graduating from the University of Texas this spring? Come to a Teach For America Information Session on Tuesday, October 18th from 7:00-8:00pm at GRG (Geography Building) 102. Current corps members and alumni will also be presenting! Light refreshments will be served. READ MORE

AACM Hoedown

By Bernice Chuang
October 12, 2011 - 11:21pm

Join AACM for a hoedown party in front of Gregory gym! Come enjoy a great night of community and fellowship through dancing! Dress up as a cowboy/cowgirl, learn how to dance country western two-step from UT ballroom TAs, and have fun with your friends (or make some new ones) through some good ol' fashion dancing. Even if you don't like dancing or country "ain't your thing", we would still love for you to come try it out because you never know what can happen! We can guarantee that it'll be a lot of fun and all of your friends will be there anyway. Feel free to invite everyone! READ MORE

Matthew Lau

By Bernice Chuang
October 12, 2011 - 5:40pm

Major: Computer Science
Hometown: Arlington, TX Hear it from his nominator-  Why is Matthew our Campus Cutie? 
"Matt is a kind, compassionate, and intelligent young man who is both hardworking and fun. He cares about his friends and is very welcoming to strangers. He is a little weird at times but that only adds to his charm and charisma. Plus the girls all love him for it." READ MORE

The Life Science Library

By Sasha Mehrabian
October 11, 2011 - 12:24am

The Life Science Library is definitely a hidden gem here at UT. Located in The Tower on the second floor, it’s one of the most peaceful and beautiful libraries on campus and has a completely different feel from the modern-themed PCL. With the detailed architecture and classic chandeliers, it makes you feel like you went back in time to when UT was first established as a university. Having always been an admirer of old movies, architecture, and past time periods in general, I found the discovery of this library really exciting. READ MORE

Girls Night Out

By Alex Vickery
October 10, 2011 - 11:41pm

Yet another Friday night and you’re stuck wondering what to do. You’re sick of frat parties and you’re dying to use those gorgeous high heels you bought a few weeks ago. You’ve wanted to check out the hype on 6th street for a while now, but you’re discouraged by the fact that most of the fun seems to be reserved for those privileged juniors and seniors. Even if there were other options out there, you have no idea where to start, much less the time or energy to look for them (who does?). Well fab, underage Collegiettes™, look no further because I have done that research for you! Visit any of these 18 and up clubs and music venues this weekend and it will surely be one to remember. READ MORE