Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Texas Archives

The Misadventures of Awkward Black Girl

By Irma Garcia & Doyin Oyeniyi
November 17, 2011 - 12:01am

READ MORE

All the World’s a Stage: An interview with a real-life Broadway star

By Felicia Fitzpatrick
November 16, 2011 - 1:35am

It seems that every Tuesday night, our Facebook and Twitter accounts blow up with Glee episode updates; people are addicted to the Broadway tunes and remixed hits performed on the primetime show.

While we wish dancing around in our dorm room singing “The Eyes of Texas” on key would magically transform us into musical sensations, we realize that the cast of Glee went through years of training and preparation to get where they are today.

READ MORE

Girl power: Write about it!

By Emily Neie
November 16, 2011 - 1:32am

November is here, and you know what that means: preparing for finals, Thanksgiving break and NaNoWriMo.

Also known as National Novel Writing Month, November is a time when frustrated novelists and aspiring writers-to-be scurry to pump out tens of thousands of words, all while experiencing a sense of community with other participants.

As an English major and a hopeful playwright, NaNoWriMo is a great way for me to get creatively inspired. It also gives me a chance to address my other passion: creating strong female protagonists in contemporary literature and drama.

READ MORE

Collegiettes™ on a Mission

By Britini Shaw
November 16, 2011 - 1:30am

UT women like Cynthia Peralta and Robyn Horton are sacrificing their summers for those in need both on the home front and across the globe. Organizations like GoNow Missions, which was started in 1946 by four college students, and Austin’s Baptist Student Ministries (BSM) have sent thousands of students on mission trips. The collegiettesTM on these missions are especially brave and courageous, going to some of the most deprived nations to volunteer their services and spread the word of God. READ MORE

By Perla de la O

By Bernice Chuang
November 16, 2011 - 1:27am

Part One: Department of Art and Art History Faculty Exhibition READ MORE

Mr. Texas Freshman Contest 2015

By Bernice Chuang
November 14, 2011 - 8:54pm

And the winner is.... 
Olly Brown! 
Congratulations! He will be moving up to finals to compete agains all the winners across the nation! Name: Olly Brown Hometown: League City, TX Major: Mechanical Engineering READ MORE

Fun Fun Fun Fest Photoblog

By Kenyatta Giddings
November 14, 2011 - 8:16pm

Backstage at Black Joe Lewis and the Honeybears
FFF at night
Donald Glover backstage grabbing water after his stand up show and before his autograph signing READ MORE

Fun Fun Fashion

By Kenyatta Giddings
November 14, 2011 - 8:03pm

Exactly a week ago, Fun Fun Fun Fest 6 came to Austin and gave us three days of music, local vendors, and fashion in a wide open space (that wide open space served as a prime place for dirt and dust, that’s where the bandanas come in). Her Campus Texas was there to bring back some of the best looks seen on festival attendees. READ MORE

Marie Claire x LOFT x Rimmel Fashion Show

By Linda Huang
November 12, 2011 - 12:41pm

Who: Looks styled by Marie Claire editors and Diya Liu of In Her Stilettos (http://www.diyainherstilettos.com/) READ MORE

A View Like No Other

By Alyssa Sanchez
November 10, 2011 - 12:01am

READ MORE