Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Texas Archives

Get Spooked! Top 5 Scary Movies to Watch for Halloween

By Sasha Mehrabian
October 26, 2011 - 12:01am

Watching scary movies is a standard part of Halloween tradition. With constant remakes of traditional scary movies along with the plethora of new movies being continually made, I have lately noticed that a lot of relatively modern scary movies are overdone and overly gory. Being a huge scary movie fan, I’ve narrowed it down to the top five scary movies that are sure to get you spooked for Halloween! READ MORE

Academy Award Winning Producer comes to Texas

By Irma Garcia
October 25, 2011 - 3:43am

Jon Landau, Academy Award winning producer of the biggest grossing films in history, Titanic and Avatar, stepped foot onto the Forty-Acres on October 20th to give a lecture to the students of The University of Texas-Austin. I was able to speak to him personally regarding what he thought about this wonderful city and this amazing school. Also, for those interested in the film and media industry, stay tuned for some advice Landau gives on how to make it out there.

Her Campus Texas (HCTX) : What do you like most about Austin? Do you come here that often? READ MORE

A Necessary Treat

By Emily Neie
October 25, 2011 - 3:35am

I have always been rather protective of my eyebrows. Most of my friends get their eyebrows waxed professionally at salons, but I have always been reluctant to put my facial symmetry into someone else’s hands. However, last year one of my friends went to Milk + Honey salon downtown and raved about the experience. My hectic schedule and lack of decent lighting in my dorm room finally pushed me over the edge, and I decided to spring for a professional wax.

READ MORE

Hats, Hot Cider, and the Pursuit of Autumn

By Felicia Fitzpatrick
October 25, 2011 - 2:57am

The Declaration of Independence believed “life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness” were rights that all men deserved. Our founding fathers didn’t think twice about including the pursuit of autumn, because in the Northeast, they were definitely able to enjoy the season. Well, what about us Texas collegiettes™? How do we celebrate the arrival of autumn in Austin when we’re still ordering our designated “cold-because-it’s-summer” Starbucks drink even though we’re itching to answer the barista with “an extra hot venti non-fat white chocolate mocha with extra whip plus chocolate and caramel drizzle”; it’s just too hot! READ MORE

TASA's 9th Annual Night Market

By Bernice Chuang
October 24, 2011 - 1:23pm

You are invited to TASA's biggest and most rocking event of the year! **FREE FOOD**AWESOME PERFORMANCES***SPECIAL PERFORMANCE BY DAWEN (Youtube guest star)***FREE TSHIRTS***SHAVED ICE**FREE PHOTOBOOTH PICTURES**GAMES AND PRIZES**MOCHI EATING CONTEST**GREEN ONION PANCAKES**REPS FROM THE MOST AWESOME STUDENT ORGS ON CAMPUS** -- RICE BOWL CAFE, a local Taiwanese restaurant, will be catering our food this year! -- Featuring a special performance by Youtube sensation Dawen! Check him out here: http://www.youtube.com/user/dawen READ MORE

Shop, Click, Auto Ship: No Need for HEB! Hoseanna's all you need!

By Bernice Chuang
October 23, 2011 - 11:47pm

Not everyone has the luxury of having a car or having the time to make trips to HEB or Target whenever we need to pick up some toothpaste, soap, or tampons and the CVS on the drag or Kin's Mart and JCM are just too overpriced. Wouldn't it be cool if you could buy your razors or shaving cream at the click of a mouse? Lucky for you, Her Campus Texas has the perfect solution.  READ MORE

Munenori Togo

By Ami Hernandez
October 22, 2011 - 10:46pm

Name: Munenori Togo Major: Sociology Hometown: Chiba(it's a prefecture next to Tokyo), Japan Interests?
Playing basketball and badminton Hobbies?
Beatbox. cooking. driving. READ MORE

Spotted: Finding Nemo at the Aquarium

By Bernice Chuang
October 22, 2011 - 10:35pm

READ MORE

Ashley Nelcy Garcia

By Zarina Moreno
October 20, 2011 - 3:35am

Name: Ashley Nelcy Garcia
Major: Radio Television and Film and Latin American Studies
Year: Senior (4th year)

Ashley is from Roma, Texas, a small border town from the valley where there are many bright minds but not many resources to expand their knowledge. Knowing she wanted more, Ashley decided to come to UT Austin to see what the world had to offer and became a strong, involved, and confident student. After being at UT for four years, she has been able to participate in various events, including giving a speech at this year’s Gone to Texas where she motivated students to study hard and to never give up. She is a role model for many and a voice for the Hispanic community at UT.
 ...

Tribeza Style Week No.8

By Kenyatta Giddings
October 20, 2011 - 3:32am

Not long ago, Austin fashion authority TRIBEZA hosted Dachis Group presents TRIBEZA Style Week No. READ MORE