Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Texas Archives

Fun Fun Fun Fest Photoblog

By Kenyatta Giddings
November 14, 2011 - 8:16pm

Backstage at Black Joe Lewis and the Honeybears
FFF at night
Donald Glover backstage grabbing water after his stand up show and before his autograph signing READ MORE

Fun Fun Fashion

By Kenyatta Giddings
November 14, 2011 - 8:03pm

Exactly a week ago, Fun Fun Fun Fest 6 came to Austin and gave us three days of music, local vendors, and fashion in a wide open space (that wide open space served as a prime place for dirt and dust, that’s where the bandanas come in). Her Campus Texas was there to bring back some of the best looks seen on festival attendees. READ MORE

Marie Claire x LOFT x Rimmel Fashion Show

By Linda Huang
November 12, 2011 - 12:41pm

Who: Looks styled by Marie Claire editors and Diya Liu of In Her Stilettos (http://www.diyainherstilettos.com/) READ MORE

A View Like No Other

By Alyssa Sanchez
November 10, 2011 - 12:01am

READ MORE

Sex and the Single Collegiette™

By Britini Shaw
November 9, 2011 - 11:07pm

To or not to, that is the question on the minds of many single and dating young college women.  Gone are the days when you made out with your crush behind the gum-filled bleachers of your high school’s gym. No longer are you checking yes, no, or maybe on a love letter the middle school geek asked his friend to ask your friend to finally give to you during lunch.  And thank God, boys are not punching, slapping, kicking and spitting on you like they did annoyingly in elementary school. You are amongst a new breed of young women, not yet ready to settle down, but possibly ready to fall in love. READ MORE

Ryan Ngo '13

By Linda Huang
November 9, 2011 - 1:28am

Name:
Ryan Ngo Graduation Year:
2013 Major:
Neurobiology Hometown:
Sugar Land, TX Extracurricular activities:
Health Careers Mentorship Program, Bridging Disciplines Program, University Boxing After college plans:
Medical school READ MORE

The Cold Truth of Crushes

By Alyssa Sanchez
November 9, 2011 - 1:18am

Have you ever had that feeling when you see a guy you like? You know, you forget oxygen is a necessity and quit breathing, your heart beats a little fast, your forehead starts to sweat, you giggle a bit, and for some reason you forget how to control your blinking while you wait for a hello and his nice biceps to embrace you? Yeah me neither. Just kidding, I’m pretty sure I’ve had that feeling several times since I was able to walk! Again, I’m joking. In all honesty this is probably the greatest yet worst feeling ever. It’s all nice and dandy to have a crush on someone because seeing him, talking to him, and spending time with him only brightens your day more. However, the situation could go sour out of nowhere....

Hot Off the Hanger

By Felicia Fitzpatrick
November 9, 2011 - 1:12am

Dressing up for school doesn’t have to be as hard as your mid-terms! Choose your favorite staple pieces and then mix and match! Mine are: cardigans, colorful necklaces, and belts! READ MORE

Sama’an Ashrawi of Longhorn Hip-Hop

By Alex Vickery
November 9, 2011 - 1:08am

Name: Sama’an Ashrawi
Major: Radio Television and Film
Year: Senior (4th Year)
Hometown: Houston, TX
Future aspiration: Make successful films or write for Rolling Stone Magazine

Who: Co-producer of Texas Student Television’s (TSTV) Longhorn Hip-Hop
  READ MORE

Give Pounds the Slip by Changing What You Sip

By Kari Kimball
November 9, 2011 - 12:59am

By switching what you drink, you can really keep the weight off.

As we all know, a well balanced diet with daily exercise can do wonders for your health.  But what nobody talks about are the hidden calories in beverages that can really pack on the pounds and prevent you from losing that last bit of weight.

According to Web MD, the average American consumes 1/5 of their daily calories through beverages alone. An easy way to slim down is to simply switch out what you drink with healthier options by looking for certain ingredients in each one.
  READ MORE