Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Texas Archives

Locals Only

By Kenyatta Giddings
August 25, 2011 - 4:27am

Cup of coffee from local coffee shop Halcyon READ MORE

Back to School Fashion Don’ts

By Jordan Schraeder
August 25, 2011 - 4:21am

We’ve all heard the cliché: you have to make a good first impression. And during your first few weeks of college, that’s probably on your brain when you’re getting dressed for those dreaded 8 a.ms. But beware: the 40 Acres is not a runway. Standard wear includes Nike shorts, oversized T-shirts and Sperry Topsiders – not exactly the most fashion-forward attire. In order to make a good impression, think past the normal college wardrobe, but don’t overdo it. Here are the five items you should avoid so you don’t become “that girl” in your biology lab. READ MORE

George Iskander '14

By Leah Thomas
August 25, 2011 - 4:15am

Name: George Iskander

Year: Class of 2014

Hometown: Cairo, Egypt

Major: Architectural Engineering and also in the Business Foundations Program

What qualities do you look for in a girl?
A girl with a great sense humor. Also, some one is who well traveled and there has to be some chemistry there too.

Who is your celebrity crush?
Blake Lively

If you could have one super power what would it be?
Teleportation.

And where would you go?
Everywhere.

Chocolate or Vanilla?
Vanilla
  READ MORE

Studying Spots

By Annie Paige
August 25, 2011 - 4:12am

You all love hearing about great people on campus, but what about great places on campus? As schools starts back up, we’re all thinking about the same thing: depression medication. Just kidding! We’re thinking about our new classes, upcoming tests and papers, and how this is the semester we’re finally going to achieve those great study habits. No more procrastination, all-nighters, or subpar last-minute papers for us! Academic success starts in the studying, the time-consuming work you do to prepare for a test or write a great paper. To achieve a great study session the key is the perfect study environment. Research shows that you shouldn’t study in your dorm room or apartment (at least, that’s what “they” say). So let’s look at some great, on campus or...

Celebrate Austin Fashion Week at LOFT

By Bernice Chuang
August 24, 2011 - 1:00am

In light of Austin Fashion Week, LOFT would like to help collegiettes(TM) around Austin celebrate exquisite fashion and start school in style!  The famous Coco Chanel once said, "Fashion has two purposes: comfort and love. Beauty comes when fashion succeeds."  Acing those exams doesn't mean we must live in sweatpants, T-shirts, and Nike shorts. LOFT woud like to invite you all to their stores this week for 25% off your full-price purchase and get styled by their Senior Stylist Lisa Bradkin. And as if this offer wasn't sweet enough, Hey Cupcake will be there with delicious treats for you to munch on while you shop!  READ MORE

LOFT + Austin Fashion Week Sweepstakes!

By Bernice Chuang
August 17, 2011 - 2:32am

We may not be in The Big Apple or Paris where all the biggest fashion events of the year take place, but ATX sure is stepping it up with our own local fashion week! That’s right, a whole week of participating retailers and salons showcasing their best clothing, accessories, jewelry, and even home furnishings.
We love rewarding our loyal readers just as much as you love free stuff, so here’s the latest and greatest sweepstakes for the fabulous Longhorn ladies!

LOFT is partnering with us to bring you a couple of fabulous prize packages in honor of Austin Fashion Week!

READ MORE

End of an Era

By Neha Aziz
July 18, 2011 - 2:48am

When Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 comes out, it will mark the end of the biggest film franchise in Hollywood history. J.K. Rowling’s epic tale of good versus evil has sold millions of copies worldwide; the films thus far have earned a staggering six billion dollars at the box office and, all of this started with an eleven-year old wizard. With seven novels, three companion novels, and an enchanting theme park, this magical adventure which has been ten years in the making will come to a bittersweet close on July 15th. READ MORE

College Relationships that Beat the Summer Heat

By Emily Neie
July 6, 2011 - 3:56am

Breaking the Ice With High School Friends READ MORE

Chronicling my transition into Cat Lady

By Cassy Martinez
June 24, 2011 - 11:45am

I have 53 pictures of my cat on my iPhone in poses ranging from cuddling to chasing her tail. I adopted my kitten Molly (Miss Molly Mittens if you’re nasty) five weeks ago and she’s already taken up 14% of my camera photos and an even larger percentage of time cleaning my apartment. READ MORE

Which Hogwarts House will you be reppin' on the night of the premiere?

By Felicia Fitzpatrick
June 24, 2011 - 11:42am

We know it’s always been your wish to have a magic wand to fill your closet full of the cutest and trendiest clothes. Consider your wish granted, because in honor of “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2”, the last movie premiere of the Harry Potter saga, we’re dusting off the old Sorting Hat to advise you on enchanting outfits you can rock, according to your Hogwarts’ house! READ MORE