This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

Alex Wishlinski is a junior electrical and computer engineering major who loves theater, is looking forward to Lady Gaga’s next album, and dreams of getting out of the Texas heat, but still supports her Longhorns.

Name: Alex Wishlinkski

Year: Junior

Major: Electrical and Computer Engineering with a focus in software engineering

Hometown: Spring, TX

Her Campus Texas: Favorite color?

Alex Wishlinski: BLUE! It’s been my favorite color since kindergarten. I was very against pink automatically being associated with girls, so I picked blue. And it’s just a really pretty color.

HCTX: What’s your favorite movie and why?

AW: I would have to say “Pride and Prejudice” starring Keira Knightley. I hate admitting it, but I love romance movies. I love this one especially because it’s set in the 1800s. Anyone who knows me would know that I love anything from that day and age. I also like that Elizabeth Bennett is a strong female protagonist and she doesn’t conform to the norms of her society. Instead of being a “proper lady,” she’s an avid reader, she’s fond of walking, and she speaks her mind. Even Mr. Darcy goes against society by marrying her. It’s very romantic!

HCTX: Who is your role model?

AW: Emma Watson! She’s classy, intelligent, and has great style.

HCTX: Why did you choose electrical engineering as your major?

AW: When I was applying to college, I realized I had no idea what I wanted to do. At the time, I was in a couple classes I really enjoyed, calculus and BCIS. Because I liked them so much, I figured I should go into something relating the two. Basically, I added math and computers and got computer engineering. I haven’t gone back on my decision since.

HCTX: What are you most looking forward to at UT this year?

AW: Since I will be done with basic sequence this semester, I will finally be able to take courses I actually enjoy. That’s really exciting.

HCTX: How do you destress from classes?

AW: I have two different destress modes. I either want to go do something fun with my friends or curl up in my bed to watch Netflix for hours on end.

HCTX: What do you look for in a guy?

AW: Intelligence, good grammar, decent style, smells good. I prefer a guy that’s at least 5 inches taller than me because I like really high heels. Nerdy guys are kind of my weakness. I like if they’re a little goofy, too. My family is a bunch of kooks, so I prefer someone who wouldn’t look at me funny when my weirdness comes out. Also, I love guys who use handkerchiefs. I don’t know why, but it just strikes a cord with me.

HCTX: If you could live anywhere in the US, where would it be and why?

AW: I would love to live in Chicago. My dad is from there and raised me to be a die hard Cubs fan. It’s also a great city overall, especially from someone my age. There are so many things to do and I love that it’s by a lake. Living anywhere up north would be amazing. After 20 years, I’m done with Texas heat.

HCTX: What are you going to be for Halloween?

AW: I’m going to be the character Agent Ashburn from “The Heat.” My best friend and I saw it over the summer and decided we HAD to be Ashburn and Mullins for Halloween. That duo is a perfect description of us. Ashburn tends to be awkward, while Mullins is straightforward and speaks her mind. “The Heat” summed up our friendship pretty well, minus the guns and drug dealers.