This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

Year: Senior

Major: Philosophy and computer science

Hometown: Sydney, Australia! 

Relationship Status: Eager to go home and see my girlfriend again

Her Campus Texas: What are the biggest differences between American girls and Australian girls? 

Adam Chalmers: Australian girls aren’t as impressed by an Australian accent! 

HCTX: What are some of your favorite places in Austin? (could be restaurants, parks, theaters, bars, etc). 

AC: Hmmm. Obviously as a 21 year old who just moved to Austin, I’m a big fan of Sixth St (side note: did you know most places on Sixth give you free shots on your birthday? That’s a wonderful, horrible, vomit-inducing piece of trivia for you there). I love Rainey St. too – the bars are nicer and it’s way easier to have a conversation with someone, though it’s not as viscerally stereotypically F**k Yeah American College as Sixth. Café Medici is amazing – they do one of the few good coffees around campus and I love their atmosphere. Littlefield Fountain’s my other favourite spot. It’s beautiful and quiet. I find it really easy to get work done there. 

HCTX: What is on your wish list for Christmas? 

AC: Pokemon X or Y, Dr. Sleep by Stephen King, and a ridiculous kitschy over-the-top painting of a bald eagle and the American flag. Or maybe just a green card and a ticket back to Austin? Please don’t make me leave! I’m not ready to go!

HCTX: Are you a fan of ugly Christmas sweaters? 

AC: In Australia, Christmas actually falls during summer! Geography, right? So we never really do the whole ugly Christmas sweaters thing. I’ve seen a few since I’ve been here. I guess I’m a bit suspicious of them… I genuinely wasn’t sure whether they existed outside of Harry Potter.

HCTX: What is the best concert you have ever been to and who would play at your dream concert? 

AC: Almost all my favourite concerts have happened here in Austin – ACL, Childish Gambino, Sleigh Bells – but the very best I’ve been to was Girl Talk in Sydney last year. The music was great, the crowd was wild, there were confetti cannons and balloon drops and everything. Dream concert would probably be The Doors, but what with them being dead and all let’s just say Daft Punk. 

HCTX: What do you want to be when you grow up? 

AC: So many things! My rough plan is to work in software once I graduate, start a company and somehow make millions* from some cool app, so I can be writer without having to worry about pesky “bills” or “food” or “being able to afford accommodation”. 

(* I have literally no idea how this part works but, hey, dream big, right?)

HCTX: Who are your favourite actor and actress and what is so great about them? 

AC: Either Jason Segal or Simon Pegg, and Tina Fey, because they’re all amazing writers. Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Hot Fuzz, Mean Girls – all brilliantly written, hilarious movies. I wish I had one tenth of their talent!

HCTX: Which fictional character do you think would be a great girlfriend? 

AC: Ellen Ripley from Alien… because, come on, she’s Ellen Goddamn Ripley from Alien. 

Unfortunately we only get to keep this Australian gem for a few more weeks, Austin. But if you are feeling short on charm and a warm smile, you still have those few weeks to get to know Adam. We’ll miss you when you go back home Adam! Remember to Keep Australia Weird. 

I am Corisa but a lot of my friends call me Cori! I feel like the real life Hannah Horvath from Girls.