This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

Name:  Aaron BicartMajor:  Radio, Television, FilmYear:  SophomoreHometown: Southlake, TX

From playwriting to producing, Aaron Bicart has the talent and the ambition to thrive at the University of Texas.  A sophomore RTF major, Aaron has already made a name for himself as one of the producers of Longhorn Latenight.  Here’s what Aaron had to say about himself:

Her Campus Texas:  What’s your favorite thing about going to UT?

Aaron Bicart:  My favorite part of UT is the size.  I love having so many people on one campus with so much stuff happening.  It’s the best part of living in a city, too.

HCTX:  What made you choose RTF?

AB:  I grew up loving to watch TV. My favorite shows were always Matlock with my childhood idol Andy Griffith, and the sitcoms Reba and Still Standing.  TV is the best.  I could talk about it all day, but I’ll spare you.

HCTX:  Are you taking any fun classes this semester?  Which one is your favorite?

AB:  My favorite class right now is Playwriting.  The access to creativity allowed by that class is inspiring.

HCTX:  Tell us a little about Longhorn Latenight.

AB:  Longhorn Latenight is a sketch comedy TV show that I produce along with a couple other very hard-working students.  We go live every Tuesday night at 11 on TSTV, the university’s student-run TV station.  We have a crew of about thirty or so kids that do some incredibly good work.

HCTX:  What’s your favorite type of music?

AB:  I’m into some no-name, lo-fi garage rock like King Tuff, The Strange Boys, King Khan and the BBQ Show.

HCTX:  What would your ideal date be?

AB:  I actually have a girlfriend and my favorite date with her is to curl up on the couch and watch a movie.

HCTX:  What are your career goals?  Where do you see yourself in ten years?

AB:  I have no idea where I could be in ten years, but my hope is to have some sort of job in film or television, getting to be creative and make content that’s meaningful and sticks with people.

HCTX:  Are you doing anything fun for Halloween?

AB:  I’m going to be Aaron Carter, per a friend’s suggestion that I play off my name: Aaron Bicarter.  It’ll be fun.  I’m spending the weekend at various parties at my friends’ apartments because I don’t want to clean my own.

I am Corisa but a lot of my friends call me Cori! I feel like the real life Hannah Horvath from Girls.