This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

As a freshman I had no clue what to expect from Round Up. You hear crazy stories about the crowds, the music, and the mayhem but what is Round Up really like? I’ll give you the inside on what to expect, and how to prepare to have the best Round Up possible.

1.     Get wristbands in advance

Each fraternity typically has a performer during one of the days or nights of Round Up. In some cases when the performer is very popular the fraternity starts turning people down who do not have wristbands due to reaching maximum capacity. In order to avoid getting denied at the door find a guy in the fraternity and see if you can get a wristband from him as most of them have to give out a certain amount. Keep in mind you do not always need a wristband for that fraternity to get in but it is nice to be safe and have one.

2.     Get your RoundUp wristband at quieter times

You’ll need a RoundUp wristband to get into any events and with the amount of students at our school the lines can get a little more than long. Instead of waiting in line for an hour at 5 p.m. try to go at a time when most people are in class, instead of during passing periods.

3.     Take advantage of Sorority Philanthropy Events

Whether you are in a sorority or not you should support their causes by either stopping at their events, donating, and either getting food or in some cases getting your face painted! Each sorority has their own event and each one has fun different activities or food for you to take advantage of when you donate to their cause, it’s a win win!

4.     Stay Hydrated

It may be hard to believe but water is a hot commodity at RoundUp events as you are stuck in crowds waiting for performers or sweating away on the dance floor. If you have a camelback to fill water with do it! You won’t regret not having to lose your place in front of the stage by being able to hydrate with your backpack!

5.     Buddy System

You can easily get lost in the crowds, and it is very hard to find a friend when your phone is about to die and they can’t hear their phone ringing because of the noise. You don’t want to be left alone so try to stay with a friend at all times, it’s the best way to stay safe!

6.     Be prepared to get wet!

The chances of your hair getting ruined are pretty big with performers spraying water and champagne from the stage, so be prepared to not look as fresh and clean as you started in the beginning of the day. I would recommend bringing a ponytail or two (for a friend) or a hat in case your hair becomes too much of a mess to handle!

Also make sure to wear sunscreen, bring sunglasses, and have fun! RoundUp only happens once a year and trust me you’ll need a year to recover from it! 

Photo courtesy of: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59b-dUrx0XQ

I am Corisa but a lot of my friends call me Cori! I feel like the real life Hannah Horvath from Girls.