5 Ways to Wear Your Hair When You’re Running Late

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

It is 3:00 a.m., and you are just now getting home from the PCL. You finally lay your head to rest after hours of studying, only to wake up seemingly minutes later to a ringing alarm clock. You overslept and have to be at work in 20 minutes. “MY HAIR!” you say to yourself as you grab a pair of jeans off the floor and frantically search for matching shoes. If this scenario is familiar to you (it definitely is for me), don’t sweat it – we have a list of the perfect hairstyles for those mornings when you just can’t get it together.

1. The Sock Bun 
Model: Becca Chavoya, 22

Hair Type: Long and Curly

Sock buns are perfect for when you’re in a hurry because you only need three things: a rolled up sock (or it’s donut-shaped foam counterpart), a hair-tie and some hairspray. Sock buns work for almost any hair type and instantly give you a classy, clean-cut look. Think Business Ballerina.

See a tutorial here: http://www.mlovesmblog.com/2012/02/diy-doughnut-bun.html

2. Braided Crown

Model: Danielle Garcia, 21

Hair Type: Long and Wavy

Tame those unruly pieces around your face by forming two braids on each side and connecting them in the back with bobby pins or a thin hair tie. Effortlessly pretty.

3. Headband Hair Tuck

Model: Faith Daniel, 21

Hair Type: Medium and Curly

Have an old headband you haven’t worn in a while? Find new use for it with this super easy, super feminine style. Great for girls with curly hair!

See a tutorial here.: http://www.freckled-fox.com/2012/08/hair-tutorial-easy-headband-tuck.html

4. Side Braid

Model: Helen Fernandez, 19

Hair Type: Long and Curly

Side braids are extremely versatile and work with literally every hair type. They’re a great way to keep your hair out of the way without having to put it up and they frame your face beautifully.

5. Fedora

Model: Jane Claire Hervey, 20

Hair Type: Short and Straight

Forget to wash your hair? Have an uncontrollable case of bedhead? Throw on a cute fedora and hit the road. You can’t go wrong with this classic accessory.

I'm a senior communications student at The University of Texas specializing in magazine journalism. I loved Welsh Corgis before they were an internet sensation and I'm on a mission to find the best margarita in Austin.