This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

Summer time has come and with it comes the lazy days by the pool and carefree nights by a bonfire. But as any millennial knows, stress and anxiety come at any time, regardless of the season.

For that reason, I wanted to give y’all a few of my favorite tips for self-care, so that this summer season can be enjoyed to the fullest without negative clouds to interrupt your summer.

1. Drink lots of water

This may seem cliché but most of us are going to be spending our summer in hot climates. The heat can severely affect your energy levels, so remaining fully hydrated should always be a priority.

2. Prioritize yourself

Summer is a time for friends, family, and fun, but it is also a time for you to pamper yourself. Squeeze in some alone time for you to enjoy your own presence. Find comfort in solitude every now and then. I like to read at a coffee shop , for example. You can also giive yourself a facial while watching your favorite rom-com (or slasher movie, whatever genre floats your boat.)

3. Keep a journal

Since the days are not full of routine, we can tend to forget what day of the week it is. For that reason, keeping a journal with a few notes on what the day it is insures that you can not only have a better hold on time, but you can quit forgetting the small details that made your day great!

4. Explore

One of my favorite things to do when I have no school or work to worry about is to walk around a city’s most famous spots and downtown areas. This gives me an opportunity to find a new spot I can frequent or meet people I wouldn’t have the chance to meet otherwise. I can do this all the while giving myself some of that alone time I mentioned above.

5. Netfilx

Don’t feel like going out or seeing anyone? Easy; stay in and give yourself a Netflix marathon day. It’s okay to not want to do anything high strung during your summer. Staying in won’t make you a bad friend if you skip one of those beach days and it won’t make your summer less “cool”, either. Give yourself the chance to enjoy a little Netflix.

Of course, these are by no means what I think everyone should do with their summer, they are simply some of my favorite things to make sure I don’t lose my head during this wonderful season.

Comment some of your favorite things to do!