3 Products that Promote the Environment’s Sustainability

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

1. KeepCup

KeepCup is a company that dedicates their business to reducing the amount of waste that is created by disposable cups everyday through the power of a reusable cup. They come in a variety of colors and styles. They even give you the option of creating your own cup. They come in glass or plastic, small or large, and styled with a silicone band or cork; it is up to you!

Affordability Tip:  Right now they are having a sale on their Star Wars collection.

2. Blue-Q

Blue-Q is a company that sells reusable bags, socks and miscellaneous items. They have the goal to make an impact on the world. Their bags are made out of 95% recycled material and every pair of socks sold helps support Doctors without Borders. 1% of their sales supports environmental initiatives around the globe.

Affordability Tip: If you visit their website, they always have super cute things on sale, usually up to 50% off!

3.  Strawesome: Reusable Straws

500 million plastic straws are thrown away each day in the United States alone.100 million marine animals are killed each year due to plastic debris in the ocean. 1 reusable straw makes a difference

Strawesome gives you the option of buying a straw that will go to helping an environmentalist cause, such as Save the Whales, Sustainable Coastlines, and various other organizations that contribute to sustaining the planet.

Affordability Tip: If you are on a budget, but still want to live a life that is better for the environment. Amazon sells reusable straws at an affordable price.

Eleni is a nerd who prefers to be called an intellectual. She loves pondering philosophical questions and reflecting on life as a twenty-something, both of which she does on her blog: sharingimpressions.com. Anyone creative and curious is welcome.