10 Underrated Things to be Thankful for this Thanksgiving

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

It’s that time of year again: Thanksgiving is just around the corner! And along with endless discussion of the perfect Thanksgiving menu and Black Friday sales comes the question: what are you thankful for? Family? Friends? Health? Loved ones? All wonderful things to be thankful for, but this year why not consider being thankful for the silver lining in a not so ideal situation or the little things in life that make you smile? Here are 10 underrated things to be thankful for this Thanksgiving: 

1. Cold weather

Any excuse to wear fuzzy socks out of the house and drink obscene amounts of hot chocolate is something to be thankful for! 

2. The Starbucks app 

A convenient way to pay for your obscene amounts of hot chocolate (or other warm and festive beverages). 

3. Dry shampoo 

Hey, it happens to the best of us! 

4.The test you failed 

It most likely led to one of the following: 1. It motivated you to study harder 2. You joined a study group or asked someone in the class for help (AKA new friends, yay!) 3. You finally went to office hours and made a connection with your professor or 4. You have accepted the fact that you are human and inevitably will make mistakes and THAT IS OK! 

5. Facebook timeline review 

Essentially the greatest thing since sliced bread. 

6. Built in underwear in Nike running shorts 

Wait, I changed my mind.  This is the greatest thing since sliced bread. 

7. The 5 for $25 deal at Victoria’s Secret 

For the days when we’re channeling our inner Cristina Yang… 

8. Spell check

Confession: I sometimes start typing random letters to double check that my spell check is actually working. I swear my heart skips a beat when the red squiggle doesn’t show up right away. 

9. Elaborate snapchats 

And the people who have the time, patience, and creativity to make them. 

10. The annoying texts, voicemails, and emails you get from your family.

They just love and miss you! 

Be thankful for the big things, but this Thanksgiving try to find some smaller, not so obvious things to be thankful for. After all, it’s the little things that make life worthwhile!

I am Corisa but a lot of my friends call me Cori! I feel like the real life Hannah Horvath from Girls.