10 Great Make Up Products Under $10

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

10 Great Makeup Products under $10

New year, new looks!

Being college students, however, it’s not the easiest on the wallet to go on a makeup shopping spree because makeup gets pretty pricey. Here are some great affordable/drugstore products, all under $10 to look great for any event this semester, while making sure your wallet isn’t crying too hard.

Foundation | Maybelline Fit Me! Dewy + Smooth or Matte + Poreless

I personally have oily skin, so I prefer Matte + Poreless. However, if you have dry skin, they have the “Dewy + Smooth” option. Coverage is medium-full, and it’s great for all skin types, and foundation lasts long without breaking up and messing up on you. To ensure that your foundation for sure stays all day, I’d recommend pairing with your favorite foundation primer.

Concealer | Maybelline Instant Age-Rewind Concealer

Maybelline kills the game with their face products, with their makeup in general. This concealer has impressive coverage (good way to hide under-eye circles from studying and homework because Syllabus Week is a myth), and yet, it still feels very lightweight on the skin.

Loose Powder | NYC Smooth Skin Loose Translucent Powder

Liquid makeup calls for baking and setting. A lot of people recommend the AirSpun Loose Powder, but I feel like that gives me way too much flashback (white cast on face in photos). I feel like what does the job for me is NYC’s loose powder. It does help my makeup last all day without feeling too heavy and without leaving as much flashback as AirSpun would.

Pressed Powder | Rimmel Stay-Matte Powder

Some days, I don’t have time for baking, and some days, my face is overly oily, and I need to blot occasionally. The solution to this? Pressed powder! Rimmel Stay-Matte Powder helps to set my foundation for the day, and I occasionally blot with this powder, and it definitely helps with the shine.

Eyeshadow | CoverGirl Eyeshadow Quads

Disclosure: Drugstore eyeshadows are not my favorite; they fade much faster than high-end shadows. To get drugstore shadows to really work, I’d recommend eyeshadow primer. The CoverGirl Eyeshadow quads impressed me because with the right technique, an eye look is definitely possible with just one quad. Their shimmer shadows are pretty and pigmented, and adding water makes will make your eyes glow. Great option for those who don’t want to break the bank with a giant, pricey palette.

Mascara | L’Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black Volume Building Mascara

This is the most voluminous mascara I’ve ever used in the drugstore. I have very thin, stick-straight lashes, and this mascara makes them look like they really exist and then some! This is comparable to high-end mascaras, in my opinion.

Liquid Eyeliner | NYX Matte Liquid Liner

If you’re looking for a reliable, true, matte black liner with a precise applicator to enhance your eyes, then this is for you. This is my go-to eyeliner for anytime, whether I’m just going to class or attending a formal. While there’s no indication that this eyeliner is waterproof, it does not smudge or flake out on me at all.

Blush | Milani Baked Blush

Milani blushes and bronzers are trustworthy and are loved by many, and there’s a reason for that! They last all day, they’re easily blendable, and the color payoff is beautiful. A must-have in anyone’s makeup collection, in my opinion. One of my favorite makeup products in general!

Bronzer | NYC Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder

This bronzer can be used for bronzing or contouring, and it is only about $3-4. What a steal! A lot of drugstore bronzers can’t be quite used for contouring because they’re not pigmented enough or too shimmery, but I find that this bronzer can pull of a nice contour. Definitely a drugstore gem.

Highlighter | Essence Pure Nude Highlighter

Affordable highlighters that do the job can be pretty hard to find. This is priced at $4.50 and will give you a super beautiful glow. It is subtle, but it can be built up by spritzing on the brush for more sheen. I’d recommend all the Essence highlighters! They’re beautiful, while also being beautifully priced.

That’s it for now! For further questions on any of the above, I’m open to answering them. Have a great one!

Alanna Viejo studies at University of Texas in Austin majoring in Nutritional Sciences, with an intent to go to Pharmacy school. At UT Austin, she is a member of the social organization, Texas Bluebonnets, working in the Public Relations/Advertising Committee as the Director. She is also a peer mentor for School of Human Ecology. Aside from the sciences, Alanna takes an interest in writing, reading, beauty, fashion & style.