Zayn’s Making New Waves in the Music Industry

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Some of the biggest celebrities and music artists were in attendance this past weekend at Coachella. Not all though, because some artists, like Zayn, were busy releasing new music. On April 12, he shared a new single titled “Let Me,” along with its music video, and I must say, I’ve had it on repeat ever since.

“Let Me” is an R&B-inspired love song in which Zayn desires to be in a relationship with his love interest and wants to show her what she’s been missing. The music video can be seen as a “Scarface”-inspired love story, where Zayn is involved with a possible drug cartel and finds love within his dealings.

After leaving One Direction in March 2015, Zayn went on to release his debut album, “Mind of Mine,” which included the number one hit, “Pillowtalk.” Even though Zayn had a number one album, it didn’t receive much promotion or an accompanying tour, which was a disappointment to his fans and his former management, First Access Management.

That’s something Zayn is trying to change with his second album, which he plans to release in June, in addition to going on tour. Although Zayn has suffered some setbacks, such as his recent break up with Gigi Hadid and being dropped by his manager, Sarah Stennett, he’s making way for a comeback.

In an interview with BBC Radio 1, Zayn discussed how he is feeling more confident in regards to his music.

“I think my confidence has definitely grown in the last year and a half, just working on a lot of personal issues,” Zayn told BBC Radio 1’s Nick Grimshaw.

After experiencing a breakup and being dropped by his manager, it may seem as if the odds are against Zayn, but since the drop of his new single, he was received nothing but support from his fans and the music industry. Many are looking forward to his upcoming album rumored to be released in June.

We have faith in you, Zayn!

––Jessica Bond

Temple University, 2019. Magazine journalist and editor, fitness instructor, health and wellness enthusiast. Proponent of lists, Jesus, and the Oxford comma. Will do anything for an iced oatmilk latte. Follow my journey: Twitter + Instagram: @sarah_madaus