Which Tropical Smoothie Café Smoothie is Your Roommate?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Roommates come in different sizes, intensities, and noise levels.  We may hate them, we may love them, but in the end, we all have to live with them.  While we cannot change the physical/chemical makeup of the person sleeping a bed away, we can better understand who she is by evaluating the components of her lifestyle and personality.  And, what better way to pick apart the components that make our roommates the sweet (or sour) people they are than taking a closer look at the ingredients inside our favorite indulgent beverages of Tropical Smoothie Café.

Mango Magic

Here is your most conventional, all around nice girl roommate.  Blended from mangos, pineapple, and non-fat yogurt, she’s definitely sweet, and simple enough to have a good time without requiring excessive amounts of noise, money, or drama to ramp it up. 

Peaches ‘N Silk

The one who studied abroad.  Or, at least, who talks about wanting to study abroad with such frequency she might as well go already and leave you with a single room.  This roommate only holds three ingredients—peaches, bananas, and strawberries—but don’t mention this unless you want to be lectured once more on the reasons European simplicity is superior to artificial American extravagance.  This one won’t settle for breakfast at a Temple dining hall when she is dreaming of an Italian café, and don’t even think about bringing her with you on your nightly trip to the vending machines.

Detox Island Green

Hold up.  Did you just stumble in on the middle of a practice of Downward Dog?  A joint concoction of spinach, kale, mango, pineapple, banana, and fresh ginger, this girl is in union with her body, soul, and appetite.  She may not be the person to grab a cheeseburger with at fourth meal, but you can bet she’ll be clean, calm, and full of good advice.

Bahama Mama

Guess where she went for spring break? 

If tan skin and designer flip-flops are any indication, this roommate isn’t just spoiled—she’s a delicacy.  Strawberries, pineapple, white chocolate, and coconut, she’s a sweetie, but if you sit around for too many stories involving baby sea turtles, beware of a toothache.

Avocadolada

The one who always seems to be trying out (or suffering through) the latest bizarre diet.  This liquefied mixture of avocado, pineapple, spinach, kale, coconut, and lime may be a New Year’s resolution, an attempt to drop a dress size, or because Kylie Jenner swears by it, but you won’t need to ask.  Be careful not to support (or rebuke) her endeavors too fervently—unless you want to drink liquefied vegetables for days, too.

Mocha Madness

You don’t know how this girl can manage to double major, work a job at the bookstore, and be the life of the party every weekend, but you want a better look at what’s in her cup of coffee.  To be exact, this roommate is a caffeinated combo of chocolate, coffee, cappuccino, and non-fat yogurt.  Try to keep up with her hectic schedule and energy level, and you wouldn’t’ make it past lunch.  No complaints, however!  Whether you are in need of a tutor, friend to party with, or a listening ear for your middle-of-the-night-mental-breakdown, she’ll be awake with enough energy to support you.   

Student journalist at Temple Univerisity with a love for health, humanity and story-telling. Check out my bylines on Philly.com, College Fashionista and The Temple News.
Logan is a junior journalism major, and serves as Campus Correspondent.  She is also the proud president of Delta Phi Epsilon, Delta Nu, her sorority. Logan is typically super busy, but still dedicates hours to reading a Cosmo from front to back...twice. Logan loves all things social media, especially following puppy accounts on Instagram. Her dream is to break into the magazine industry and help empower other women to pursue their dreams, whatever that may be.