We Found the Best Date Night Hair and Makeup Ideas For Your Next Date

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Going on dates…you either love it or hate it. Regardless of how you feel about dating, it’s important for you to look and feel your best when you do decide to go on a date (for yourself, of course.) If you need a little inspiration or want to change it up a little, here are some great hair and makeup ideas for you to try out.

Lips

A lipstick or lip stain that will stay on is essential.

This is a great way to ensure that your lips will still look full and covered, even post-dinner and dessert (…and kisses). Chances are, if you’re going out on a date, you’ll be nervous about a multitude of things, but your lipstick doesn’t have to be one of them. My favorites are Benefit Cosmetics Benetint. It’s just a light stain, nothing too drastic, and you can get it in all sorts of colors depending on what looks best with your hair and skin tone.

If you aren’t a big fan of lip stains and want to go with something more pigmented, try a matte lipstick. It can be either high-end or drugstore. This pink color is one of my favorites.

Eyes

Another idea is to add some pretty eyeshadow. Grab your favorite pallet and add as little or as much as you want to finish your look. You can go for a more light eyeshadow or go all out and do a dramatic smokey eye look. If you are wearing a more neutral color, this is also a great way to add a pop of color.

Hair

Hairstyles can also be a big deal when going out on a date. I am so into the messy-hair look, because it leaves your significant other thinking that little to no effort was put into you getting ready. Put in some loose waves with a curling iron and just spray it with some dry shampoo and you’re all set.

If you like wearing your hair up, put in a sleek high ponytail. You see those at the celebrity award shows all the time, and they always get the best compliments.

Don’t go too wild, though. A touch of ~gorg~ makeup and a laid-back hairstyle is all you need. Go wild with one or the other, but probably not both. Be sure to stay tasteful and enjoy your date. Plan out what your hair and makeup is going to be before the night of, so that you can look forward to the getting ready process instead of dreading it. And remember––you are your own canvas.

––Alexandra Butz

Temple University, 2019. Magazine journalist and editor, fitness instructor, health and wellness enthusiast. Proponent of lists, Jesus, and the Oxford comma. Will do anything for an iced oatmilk latte. Follow my journey: Twitter + Instagram: @sarah_madaus