Text Pranks to Pull This April 1st

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Unlike every other day of your life, April Fools can get pretty messy.

Pause. Eye roll. Flashback to last Wine Wednesday which turned into a dishonorable Tequila Thursday as soon as the clock hit 12:00 AM, and now you’re thinking, “Uh. Yeah. Probably not.”

While assuming you’re composed 364 out of the year may sound like the biggest joke this April 1st, that doesn’t mean you can’t pull a few fast ones on your friends, as well.

And, what better way to prank your friends than through the one device that is literally connected to their bodies 24/7?

Well. Take it from someone who took their *journalistic duties* so strongly that she actually texted her contacts with these pranks. Pics or it didn’t happen? Sis, I’ve got alllllll the screenshots for the receipts. Beware: Replies may vary. Press send at your own risk.

But here’s how they went for me:

1. Your boyfriend

A DOG. How wholesome.

2. Your ex

This one’s believable because 1) why wouldn’t you conveniently run into your ex’s mom? And 2) of all places to see her, why wouldn’t it be in Target? C’mon. Even her saying she misses you goes without saying.

Ah. A twist of fate.

3. Your roomie

When your roommates rather not hear bad news sober >>>

4. Your family member

Welp. Even my own brother thinks I’m a degenerate.

5. That girl you hate

Don’t. Block her. Do a facemask. Do some yoga. Do anything other than stooping to her level. Take that bad energy and put that sh*t into a more positive outlet instead.

6. Your best friend

Apparently the “no judgment zone” of friendship is retracted when you drop the f-bomb. And by f-bomb I mean, the f-boy-is-back-in-my-life bomb.

7. Your best friend pt. 2

Once again. Another twist of fate. (Quick bragging rights: I have the coolest, most accepting, and funniest friends ever.)

8. Your last hookup 

Your last hookup and your best friend have more in common than you think. You never know, with them both, if you’re going to get you clothes back.

Happy April Fools day, y’all. Make sure to let your contacts know just what you’re up to come April 2nd. I probably have some explaining to do myself.

Morgan Sullivan is a second year communications major at Temple University. She enjoys giving life advice, working out at the gym, and food that is birthday cake flavored. She is the editor of the opinion section at HCTU and hopes you like what she has to say.