This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

The start of the fall television season means one of the most important things ever, Emmys season. A time where celebrities gather flaunting top designer wears or even new and up and coming designer looks to snag. The red carpet is always filled with nothing but glamour as everyone poses for pictures in their best evening wear.

There is a lot of preparation that goes into planning the perfect look for an event like this. Preparation that deserves some congratulating, or at least some recognition. The Emmy’s do only come around once a year.

Here are the looks that deserve to be celebrated. Rounded up are the most stylish red carpet arrivals from the 2015 Emmys. Check out these killer looks.

Taraji P. Henson was spotted on the red carpet wearing a gorgeous black see through gown. It flowed perfectly along her curves, and the dazzling straps added the perfect touch of flare. Although she didn’t take home an Emmy, Taraji certainly got attention in this gorgeous Alexander Wang gown.

January Jones absolutely killed it  on the red carpet with this elegant jumpsuit. Not only the star clip accent the jumpsuit perfectly, but the cut worked perfectly for her. The former Mad Men star had us green with envy in this beautiful outfit by Ulyana Sergeenko.

Emma Robert’s pale complexion was complimented perfectly by the cream colored gown she showed off on the red carpet. The gown featured a deep v-neck cut with a decadent clip and waistline. The American Horror Story actress looked drop dead gorgeous in the timeless Jenny Packham gown.

Not everyone can be celebrated on their outfit choices, even if the effort was put in. When choosing an Emmy outfit it is a make or break situation. Celebs are either featured in all of the top magazines as a fashion hero or a fashion zero. Sometimes some of the outfits chosen may have you asking yourself:  “what were they thinking?” Here are the looks that deserve only recognition.

You would think that after decades in the fashion industry Heidi Klum would be able to spot a fashion no-no. This America’s Got Talent judge is mockable in this Big Bird-esque dress. Not only did the dress feature way too many different fabric styles, but the yellow just did not compliment her whatsoever.

Joanna Newsom looked like something out of Alice and Wonderland in the oddly shaped gown she flaunted on the red carpet. A large circle meant to give the outfit flare appears more like a giant no no, while the mix of different fabrics at the bottom looks more like curtains than a gown. This singer looks nothing short of ridiculous in this Pepto Bismol colored Delpozo gown.

Jaimie Alexander was spotted wearing a multi-color gown on the red carpet looking like she just walked out of a time machine. This Thor actress is the undisputed leader of the hot-mess express. What was she thinking wearing this rainbow-striped sequined Armani Prive get-up?

I am a 19-year-old Broadcast Journalism/ Public Relations major at Temple University. I have dreams of reporting entertainment news in Spanish one day. I love Trey Songz!
Kaitlin is an alumna of Temple University where she graduated with a B.A. in Journalism and a minor in Political Science. At Temple, she served as Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Temple and was a founding member and former Public Relations Vice President for the Iota Chi chapter of Alpha Xi Delta.  She currently serves Her Campus Media as a Region Leader and Chapter Advisor and was formally a Feature Writer for Fashion, Beauty and Health.