Sweet DIY V-Day Gifts to Give your Boyfriend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

‘Tis the season to be crafty! Valentine’s Day is this weekend and for those of you who still don’t know what to give your boyfriend, this is the article for you! Valentine’s Day is all about the mushy crafts and corny jokes, so give your wallet a rest for this special day and get craftin’. Here are some cute ideas that are cheap enough to not break the bank but still adorable enough to make his heart throb!

1. 1.His favorite candy with a cute pun

All you need is a mason jar, his favorite candy, paper and a pen and you have a great gift to give! Puns like: “I’m totally nuts about you,” for a jar of peanuts, “Kisses for when I’m not around,” for a jar of Hershey Kisses or “I’m hooked on you,” for a jar of sour gummy worms will make him laugh. He’ll also be happy that he has his favorite snack to nibble on.

1. 2. Express how ‘lucky’ you are to have him

If your man likes to gamble you can always take this route to get to his heart. All you have to do is buy some 1 dollar scratch offs, put them together in a creative way and write “I won the lottery when I met you”.Not only is this a totally romantic gesture, he might get some cash out of it, too!

1. 3. Picture frame with an extra touch

Get a cute picture of you two together and write a cute note for him to read. He will love the effort you put into this gift and will feel flattered that you have so much to say!

1. 4. A funny mug

Does your boyfriend drink a lot of coffee? If the answer is yes, buy him a mug and stuff it with his favorite candy! If you can’t find a cheap mug online you can always buy a mug from a craft store and decorate it yourself with either a Sharpie or a DecorArt glass marker. These markers are only 3 dollars and can be used to decorate any glass item in a way that won’t smudge it off when you wash it! It is definitely worth the purchase because you can use it more than once!

1. 5. Surprise him with a decorated room!

Creep into his room when he isn’t home and decorate it for a great surprise. Balloons, cute notes or photos can all add to the decoration. All of this is fairly cheap and you can top it off with a cute note and candy on his bed.

1. 6. A chores scratch off!

As basic as this may sound, it might work! All you need is a printer, a white crayon and a Sharpie! This will make the perfect scratch off for him to reveal the type of chore you will do for him. From a back rub to cooking him dinner, this scratch off can be used whenever he wants, whether it be on Valentine’s day or during the week after!

1. 7. Make a gift that lasts longer than just 1 day!

As you might have seen before, letters addressed to him for certain days might be time consuming, but very effective! A letter for when he is sad, happy, concerned or accomplished will give him something to look forward to or hopefully cheer him up if he is down. These letters will last longer than just the day of Valentine’s Day and he will love it! This is another way to completely express how you feel in ways that can be funny or cute. This may take a lot of time and thought but on the plus side it costs nearly nothing!

1. 8. Bake!

Everyone loves sweets and Valentine’s Day is the perfect day to cheat on your diet. Bake Valentine’s Day themed cookies, brownies or cake! Decorate these baked goods with pink and red icing for a Valentine’s Day finish!

Lucky enough, most of these items or craft ideas can be executed quickly and most supplies can be found at the dollar store! As a college student, buying gifts can break the bank but these are great ideas that any Valentine would enjoy and appreciate.

Breanna Perez is a sophomore at Temple University. Majoring at Journalism and being a member of Alpha Xi Delta, Breanna also enjoys hanging out with her friends, traveling and being active.   
Logan is a junior journalism major, and serves as Campus Correspondent.  She is also the proud president of Delta Phi Epsilon, Delta Nu, her sorority. Logan is typically super busy, but still dedicates hours to reading a Cosmo from front to back...twice. Logan loves all things social media, especially following puppy accounts on Instagram. Her dream is to break into the magazine industry and help empower other women to pursue their dreams, whatever that may be.