Sleep Revolution with Arianna Huffington

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

To college students, sleep can be a foreign concept. As freshmen, we’re sleeping on creaky dorm beds and sacrificing snoozing for going to frat parties. As sophomores, we use sleeping time to actually read our textbooks and rethink our entire lives. As juniors, we learn that we have to be able to function off of four hours of sleep and as a seniors we just can’t wait until graduation so we can maybe catch a full eight hours. But that’s all wrong. Sleep is important.

To all of our ladies out there, its scientifically proven that we need more sleep than our male counterparts. Why? Because we use more of our brains than men do and we tend to multitask, says the Sleep Foundation’s study. So when we got the chance to get our hands on The Sleep Revolution by the Huffington Post‘s own Arianna Huffington, we knew we were in for a really hard earned lesson on sleep.

In her book, Huffington highlights key factors about why we need sleep and why we aren’t getting it. She says we have to stop using our electronics right before bed, stop drinking caffeine after 2 p.m., we need to invest in ‘ready for bed’ sleep-only PJs and drink some tea.

Huffington and Her Campus teamed up to help us sleep better and to say that we’re grateful would be an understatement.

In our kit, got a lot of stuff: a Rohm that is a portable white noise producing device to help your slumber, the Sleep Shepard to regulate your brain waves while you sleep, the Sense sleep machine that doubles as an alarm clock, Land’s End pajamas, Sheex pillowcases so we’re always on the cool side and a Fresh candle for a smell-good lullaby.

Now that we’ve got all summer with our gadgets, we’re going to sleep soundly during the summer months.

Kaitlin is an alumna of Temple University where she graduated with a B.A. in Journalism and a minor in Political Science. At Temple, she served as Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Temple and was a founding member and former Public Relations Vice President for the Iota Chi chapter of Alpha Xi Delta.  She currently serves Her Campus Media as a Region Leader and Chapter Advisor and was formally a Feature Writer for Fashion, Beauty and Health.