Philly’s Best Juice Bars

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

It’s without a doubt that the era of the Acai bowl has bestowed itself upon us. Refresh your Instagram discover page and you’re likely to see a juice or smoothie of some kind on your feed. Plus, with school starting up again, you might feel *~inspired~* to rid your body of this week’s toxins.

With the juice trend sweeping the nation by storm, Philly is obviously included in the mix. Check out these five Philly juice spots:

1.) Ps and Co

Address: 1706 Locust St. Philadelphia, PA

Phone number: (215)-985-1706

Why eat here? Ps and Co is located right in the middle of Center City, so it’s super easy to get to. Featuring a cozy brick-wall interior with succulent plants and other simplistic decorative accents, Ps and Co is the perfect spot to do homework and fuel your mind with healthy meal and snack options.

Opt for: The Bowie – Instead of using acai as the base, this bowl features dragon fruit with banana, green apple, pear, and two toppings of your choice

2.) Stripp’d Juice

Address: 263 N 3rd St. Philadelphia, PA

Phone number: (267)-550-7877

Why eat here? Venture over to Stripp’d and choose from a combination of their juices, smoothies, and smoothie bowls. Sit down and enjoy your meal in a bright indoor atmosphere, or grab a seat in one of the shop’s comfy outdoor chairs (hint: that’s what I did).

What to order: Acai bowl with strawberry, banana, blueberries, granola, and 3 toppings of your choice

3.) Animo Juice

Address: 1701 Arch St. Philadelphia, PA

Phone number: (267)-519-0949

Why eat here? Animo Juice boasts a super cool atmosphere and is essentially the more hipster version of Chipotle. While they do have amazing burritos and salads, Animo Juice is best known for its comprehensive juice bar. From juices to blended smoothies and frozen banana custard, you’ll be sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.

What to order:  Pitaya Bowl (with dragonfruit)

Image courtesy of @aminojuice.

4.) Fuel Center City

Address: 1225 Walnut St., Philadelphia PA

Phone number: (215)-922-3835

Why eat here? Fuel is unique from other restaurants because every item on the menu is guaranteed to be less than 500 calories.

What to order:  The new avocado shake with avocado, spinach, pineapple, and honey

Image courtesy of @fuel500.

5.) Happily Ever After Dessert Café

Address: 230 Market St., Philadelphia PA

Phone number: (215)-925-2050

Why eat here? Don’t let the name fool you. While Happily Ever After does indeed serve indulgent desserts, there are a plethora of other options, too. Tucked away in Old City, Happily Ever Dessert is a Philly staple.

What to order: Strawberry banana smoothie

Feel inspired yet? It’s never too early in the semester to detress – I promise.

Samara is currently a senior Journalism major at Temple University. She has always possessed a passion for writing and currently serves as the Editor-in-Chief for Her Campus Temple. Eventually, she hopes to work in the magazine industry. In her free time, she loves exploring the city of Philadelphia, trying new restaurants, and attending concerts. Samara can be reached at samara.grossel@temple.edu.