NYE Style Specifics

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Are you trying to usher in the New Year in style? If you’re dreaming of the outfit possibilities for your rockin’ New Year’s Eve party, then look no further. We all know some of the trends, but we need some specifics. Where can we go to find these hot items? How much do they cost? These tips will ensure Times Square is dropping the ball at midnight, and not you.

1. Velvet Dresses

It seems like every popular store has racks on racks of burgundy, navy, and emerald velvet pieces. The right velvet dress will keep you looking gorgeous, but feeling cozy.

Charlotte Russe has a green, halter-dress for $20.

Lulu’s has a slinky, burgundy number for $42.

2. Sequin Skirts

Any party can be the right party for a flashy, flirtatious statement. But if you’re gonna be rocking some sequins, a NYE party is your best bet. Sequin skirts are quite versatile because of their neutral colors—gold, silver, rose gold which can go with anything.

Forever 21 has a blush and silver skirt for $11.45 (it’s currently on sale, so take advantage of that).

ModCloth has a rose-gold mini for $59.99.

3. Bodysuits

Bodysuits have been popular for a while now because they can be paired with any high-waisted garment. I recommend pairing them with a plain, black skirt to show off the statement that is a bodysuit.

Forever 21 has this neat, ribbed one for $17.90.

Express is currently doing a BOGO on bodysuits, ranging for $16.99 to $45 but this red one if my personal fave.

4. Anything with Gold Accents

Gold undertones, beading, and threading add the perfect pop of fabulous to an outfit. Gold is classic, and if you’re more on the subtle side, these could be the right outfits for you.

Go Jane has a long-sleeve black dress with pinstripes of gold for $26.91.

Macy’s has a halter fit-and-flare with flecks of gold for $46.99.

5. Heeled Booties

The perfect cross between a boot and a heel, duh. This winter staple is perfect for any party.

Target sells pretty crushed grey bootie for $34.99.

Steve Madden has a standard black pair for $75.

I am a journalism student at Temple University. Always tired. Usually hungry. Never frowning. I'm a feminist, cat lover, and avid fan of anything from the UK. Follow me on twitter @Zoe_Hoffard
Samara is currently a senior Journalism major at Temple University. She has always possessed a passion for writing and currently serves as the Editor-in-Chief for Her Campus Temple. Eventually, she hopes to work in the magazine industry. In her free time, she loves exploring the city of Philadelphia, trying new restaurants, and attending concerts. Samara can be reached at samara.grossel@temple.edu.