How to Fight Stress and Get Great Skin at The Same Time

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Finals are coming and no one can stop them. You’re stressed about getting everything done AND doing it well. The weather is horrific, you have a million things to do, and you feel like you hardly have time to even breathe. That can take a toll on your skin and your sanity.

The goal during finals is to treat your body right. I know it’s easy to munch on a bag  (or six) of chips and call that dinner. But think about how that affects your skin. Eating healthy snacks throughout the day will not only keep you energized but it will also keep your skin happy. Stress is inevitable during finals, so we’ve come up with a few beauty tips that will help you survive the coming weeks.

Take a few minutes out of your day and try doing a facemask. Lush has a variety of masks that range from six to nine dollars. Their products are made with all natural ingredients and the best part is that they only take five to ten minutes. You can even make a mask yourself if you’re looking to save some extra bucks. Once your time is up cleanse your face with warm water. You will feel refreshed and like a brand new person. Do a mask 2 or 3 times a week and you’re good to go.

Another thing people forget is that the cold weather can really make a negative effect on your skin.  A nourishing body lotion will help ease those dry patches. Bath and Body Work’s Stress Relief Lotion is perfect for finals because it takes you away to a world of calm with its relaxing eucalyptus spearmint scent. You’re getting the best of both worlds. It leaves your skin soft and supple while helping you to relax. Getting your beauty rest is essential for your skin to rejuvenate. At the end of your day slather on this lotion and you’ll be sleeping like a baby.

What you put in your body is also very important for healthy skin. Water is your friend. When you wake up drink a huge glass of water to start your day off on the right foot. It hydrates you and keeps your skin moisturized and glowing during the dreary winter months. If you aren’t big on drinking water, try jazzing it up with fruits such as strawberries, limes, lemons, or even herbs like mint and basil. There are hundreds of options to make your plain water fun.

At the end of the day, just remember to treat your body right. Finals last for one week but your body is yours forever. Treat it like the temple it is.

I'm a senior journalism student at Temple University and I want my voice and the voices of others to be heard.
Lindsey is a senior magazine journalism major at Temple University. After she graduates in May she hopes to return to NYC, which she fell in love with this summer during her ASME internship at Real Simple magazine.