This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Temple athlete, Derek Holland, has the body of a future track star, with the mind of a future CEO. And, yes, he’s real! I know, personally, that Mr. Holland is a serious catch! His love for the environment and helping people are embodied through his passionate pursuit of his public health major and environmental studies minor. Not to mention the fact that this Campus Cutie has a sensitive side, that he shows through his poetry and art. He’s kind of shy, so don’t be afraid to make the first move. It’ll definitely be worth it!

Name: Derek Holland
Class: 2015
Major: Public Health
Minor: Environmental Studies

Age: 19

Relationship Status: Single and ready to mingle

Favorite type of music: R&B

Favorite Artist(s): The Weekend, Kendrick Lamar, Wale, J. Cole, Drake, Ground Up, Urban Cartel

Favorite book: The Road

Silly fact: “I talk to myself…out loud and make funny faces at strangers.”

Hobbies/Interests: “Finding new music, occasional writing, running, and random chill stuff.”

Who would play you in a movie: Columbus Short or Tequan Richmond

What do you look for in a girl: “I need someone to make me laugh, they have to be able to have a conversation about anything for a long time, and they have to be attractive.”

Dream date: “It’s more what happens with the date, not the actual activity. My dream date would be something real chill like having a picnic on the beach and spending the whole day talking. That’d be beautiful. Like beach, dinner and watch the sunset. Trying to make this an all day affair.”

Sense of style: laid back, slightly unique, fitted clothes

Most Awkward Moment: Emailing the wrong professor to meet up with and leaving 

Jaimee Swift is a Senior majoring in Communications. One of her many dreams is to become a broadcast journalist and to meet and work with the infamous Anderson Cooper. Her hobbies include reading everything in sight, running, dancing crazily, laughing uber hard, watching movies, and consuming as much juice as possible. Jaimee is so overjoyed to be a part of such a magnificent site such as Her Campus Temple University. Ever since the days of her youth, she has strives to make a difference and bring positive change to all that she touches. She still holds on to that mindset and hopes to bring positivity and creativity to Her Campus Temple University!